Skip to main content
Topic: Nvidia driver (Read 489 times) previous topic - next topic

Nvidia driver

Hello, I abandoned my PC for a while, (since like june), came back recently, updated everything, and had my pc
hanging/freezing during boot while loading nvidia-uvm.

I tried some stuff to fix the error myself but have gotten nowhere, reinstalled, messed with different versions etc.

linux-lts and nvidia-lts/nvidia-dkms both lead to nvidia-uvm failing to load, then freezing, nvidia-dkms did install without issue

linux and nvidia-open has been the most successful, with nvidia-uvm loading but it also freezes soon after

I also ran into the nvidia and intel 11th/12th gen compatability issue before abandoning my pc but that was solved by adding ibt=off in kernel parameters, perhaps related to the current issue (but probably not cuz ibt=off solved the issue before and i did the same while trying to fix it.)

https://pastebin.com/0NZ0AErG

some log commands i ran, some might be irrelevant cuz there was no way to get logs while my PC was frozen, so i had to go into live usb, uninstall nvidia drivers, then reboot and get the logs. If there are any other commands that would be helpful I'll try to run them asap