Skip to main content
Topic: LXDE blank screen when successfully loggin back in after blank screen (Read 877 times) previous topic - next topic

LXDE blank screen when successfully loggin back in after blank screen

Hi ArtixForum,
when I lock the screen and login back until the Display is not blank I can access my Desktop but when its blank after I locked it I still able to reach the login prompt and when login back in I go to a blank screen again. I then tried to startx on another tty but it wont start.
What can I do?
this original

Re: LXDE blank screen when successfully loggin back in after blank screen

Reply #1
I take it the install was one of the lxde minimal installs, so you had to install a screensaver (that acts as a lock on resumption from standby) - which one did you go for?

Reply #2
i use LXDE version of artix right. Autostart list shows @screensaver -no-splash enabled. Turns out xscreensaver is not installed . I didnt do anything to this fresh install. I installed xscreensaver now. Guess it has to work now. Thank you
this original

Reply #3
starting the XScreenSaver gui  I get the Warning :  (light-locker) appears to be running... so what is light-locker doing exactly? Locking and screensave?
this original

Reply #4
just ok it.... you've a lot of configuring/package installs  to do, adding bluetooth stuff/cups etc.   Like i said, lxde is very minimal as a base, but great to build up.  Enjoy.

Reply #5
i know that its minimal thats why im using it, i am grateful. Still, having to switch to another tty to poweroff  and reboot because startx wount work after a blank screen. I can login again but get redirected to a blank screen so i guess thats not a screensaver problem right?

Also bluetoothd and cupsd are installed by default. When was the last time you used a DE  :D
this original

Reply #6
i know that its minimal thats why im using it, i am grateful. Still, having to switch to another tty to poweroff  and reboot because startx wount work after a blank screen. I can login again but get redirected to a blank screen so i guess thats not a screensaver problem right?

Also bluetoothd and cupsd are installed by default. When was the last time you used lxde
this original

Reply #7
yesterday (you seriously asking that question?....you'll need the init packages for bluetooth and cups...).   If its not a screensaver issue, I wouldn't know then, but on 3 different machines, had the same after suspend, adding xscreensaver (and confirming when prompted  to let it run), works.  Tried it with a live boot (no need to install), and it worked yesterday too, if its something else, then it would be good for you to post the solution when you've got it.

Reply #8
right i need the Init system i didnt asked for that at all if you reply was for me. my question only question was I guess thats not a screensaver problem right?  What am I missing? is there a specific order in wich I have to go trough to be able to land back to my Desktop then I guess so. I dont know how that works exactly. would it be suspend>lock-screen>screensaver>desktop/xsession ? so light-locker is my lock-screen and screensaver? since i installed xscreensaver after @gavincc  suggestion because a screensaver  needs to be installed (that acts as a lock on resumption from standby) . So is light-lock only locking but dont work as a screensaver. Why ship it then with a release. Imagen a new new newbie will having some great time :D i mean I kinda get around it but someone else would have a harder time. Maybe Light-locker does handle all that with no issue but not when 2 display attached
this original

Reply #9
right i need the Init system i didnt asked for that at all if you reply was for me. my question only question was I guess thats not a screensaver problem right?  What am I missing? is there a specific order in wich I have to go trough to be able to land back to my Desktop then I guess so. I dont know how that works exactly. would it be suspend>lock-screen>screensaver>desktop/xsession ? so light-locker is my lock-screen and screensaver? since i installed xscreensaver after @gavincc  suggestion because a screensaver  needs to be installed (that acts as a lock on resumption from standby) . So is light-lock only locking but dont work as a screensaver. Why ship it then with a release. Imagen a new new newbie will having some great time :D i mean I kinda get around it but someone else would have a harder time. Maybe Light-locker does handle all that with no issue but not when 2 display attached

Artix is definitely not intended for 'new newbies', a certain basic level of expertise with Linux is recommended before you attempt to use Artix. In any case, a new user (unless experienced with Arch for instance), would not be installing a minimal system, but rather one of the other full DE isos available.

The beauty of Artix is that it offers so many different choices, with inits and DE's. A good read of the Artix wiki is highly recommended, along with the Arch wiki, which applies to most of the Artix packages.