Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Update - libreoffice-fresh-de not found (Read 1008 times) previous topic - next topic

Update - libreoffice-fresh-de not found

Hello all,

I started an Artix update today and now I get the error message that libreoffice-fresh-de is not found.

Code: [Select]
:: libreoffice-fresh-de was not found in AUR -- skipping

I remember not too long ago we had a similar problem with another package. Here it was because this package was removed by mistake from the world repo.

Is it similar here?

Greets
Roberto

Re: Update - libreoffice-fresh-de nit found

Reply #1
Do you have Arch repositories enabled?
Archlinux support was moved to universe repository a while back.

PS: I know that libreoffice-fresh was moved to Artix universe repository but I do not recall Artix having these lang variants.

Reply #2
The language packages are only in the Arch repos now.

Reply #3
No I have not enabled the Arch repositories and actually I don't plan to.
Universe is active in my pacman.conf, but I did not install artix-archlinux-support either for the above reason.
I had the intention to use Artix "pure" until now.

It's a pity that the libreoffice language packages are in the Arch repos from now on.

Thanks for your answers.

Greetings
Roberto

Reply #4
>I had the intention to use Artix "pure" until now.

What is the benefit for that?

Reply #5
>I had the intention to use Artix "pure" until now.

What is the benefit for that?
It is the same benefit that the developers of Artix had at the time when they announced that Artix is now ready to operate without the help of the Arch repositories.
This means that while Artix is based on Arch Linux, it is still largely autonomous and not reliant on the Arch repos.

I like this attitude.

That said, I don't understand the logic of having the actual package in the Artix repositories but not the associated language files.
But I don't need to understand that either.

It is as it is and that answers my question and solves my problem.

Greets
Roberto

Re: Update - libreoffice-fresh-de not found

Reply #6
That said, I don't understand the logic of having the actual package in the Artix repositories but not the associated language files.
But I don't need to understand that either.
The language package is a massive split package that splits into dozens of individual languages. When libreoffice was in the official repos, this wasn't an issue since the build pipeline automatically added all of them for us and removed the old one.. Unfortunately because of the recent issues with libreoffice crashing the build server, it had to be moved to universe and everything in universe is manually added/removed. Basically, it would be a big pain to manage all the language packages manually which is what I'm getting at (hence why it was left out). Not that it's not impossible to write a bash script or something to handle it. It's just not been done at this time.

Reply #7
The language package is a massive split package that splits into dozens of individual languages. When libreoffice was in the official repos, this wasn't an issue since the build pipeline automatically added all of them for us and removed the old one.. Unfortunately because of the recent issues with libreoffice crashing the build server, it had to be moved to universe and everything in universe is manually added/removed. Basically, it would be a big pain to manage all the language packages manually which is what I'm getting at (hence why it was left out). Not that it's not impossible to write a bash script or something to handle it. It's just not been done at this time.
Thank you for your detailed explanations.
Then I will install the package artix-archlinux-support and include the Arch Repos.
If it changes, I can uninstall the Arch support again.

Or is my intention to work without the Arch support nonsense?
I was always under the impression that a "pure" Artix system is the best option.

Reply #8
I was always under the impression that a "pure" Artix system is the best option.
I give you a PKGBUILD.
"Wer alles kann, macht nichts richtig"

Artix USE="runit openrc slim openbox lxde gtk2 qt4 qt5 qt6 conky
-gtk3 -gtk4 -adwaita{cursors,themes,icons} -gnome3 -kde -plasma -wayland "

Reply #9
Thank you for your detailed explanations.
Then I will install the package artix-archlinux-support and include the Arch Repos.
If it changes, I can uninstall the Arch support again.

>Or is my intention to work without the Arch support nonsense?

Sort of, not enabling Arch repos makes you miss out on a huge chunk of software

>I was always under the impression that a "pure" Artix system is the best option.

The only reason for that would be that Arch repos are not "officially" supported and you wanna avoid unnecessary headaches.

But I never had a problem with Arch repos, so not even that is a good justification.

Reply #11
>Or is my intention to work without the Arch support nonsense?

>I was always under the impression that a "pure" Artix system is the best option.

The only reason for that would be that Arch repos are not "officially" supported and you wanna avoid unnecessary headaches.

But I never had a problem with Arch repos, so not even that is a good justification.

Thanks for your opinion and assessment :)

Greets
Roberto

Reply #12
Every time I read your posts I miss a forum dragon who keeps the peace here.
"Wer alles kann, macht nichts richtig"

Artix USE="runit openrc slim openbox lxde gtk2 qt4 qt5 qt6 conky
-gtk3 -gtk4 -adwaita{cursors,themes,icons} -gnome3 -kde -plasma -wayland "