Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Web Packages Search - Universe 404 + outdated yay (Read 514 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Web Packages Search - Universe 404 + outdated yay

Hi,
I tried to search a package in Universe on the Web Package Search, but even the search for everything in Universe returns 404 - not found.

By the way, yay in Universe (11.1.2) is out-of-date (stable is 11.3.0)

Re: Web Packages Search - Universe 404 + outdated yay

Reply #1
The web packages search page is completely out of date. Please, don't rely on it. yay is out of date regardless although I'm not sure why it's in universe in the first place.

Reply #2
The web packages search page is completely out of date. Please, don't rely on it.

Ok, I thought it automatically fetched data from the repositories or something like that (btw, how does it work?)

yay is out of date regardless although I'm not sure why it's in universe in the first place.

Ok, I also have no clue on why it is in a repository (don't know if this also applies to Artix, but Arch's rules are along the line of "no AUR helpers in repositories")

Reply #3
The web packages search page is completely out of date. Please, don't rely on it. yay is out of date regardless although I'm not sure why it's in universe in the first place.
>The web packages search page is completely out of date.

I've been hearing this for some time, and if it's still going to remain outdated, why are we not shutting it down considering it has costs?

Reply #4
>The web packages search page is completely out of date.

I've been hearing this for some time, and if it's still going to remain outdated, why are we not shutting it down considering it has costs?
Or maybe why not keep it up-to-date (also to have a tool to report outdated packages)?

Reply #5
@Dudemanguy I see yay is not anymore in universe, did you purge it?

Reply #6
Wasn't me actually, but I would have done it myself if I remembered. I don't think there's any real reason to package binaries of that when the aur build is trivial.

Reply #7
Universe repo for some reason has outdated packages, I usually disable it when it comes to updating packages no installed from pacman, yay is not outdated, yay on the Universe repo is the one outdated, not just yay, you can include Brave and Librewolf, and a lot more packages. install yay from the official git repo and disable Universe and Omniverse when it's anything related to the AUR.