Skip to main content
Topic: HP Elitebook 8440p unauthorized network cards (Read 947 times) previous topic - next topic

HP Elitebook 8440p unauthorized network cards

Hey everybody, I was wondering if someone could help me figure this out. I returned the thinkpad I got because of a few complications it had, I now have this HP Elitebook... Well unfortunately it doesn't have built-in bluetooth & the only "approved" network cards for it aren't very good, there's literally only ONE that is even half-decent & its bluetooth 4.0 but doesn't even have 5g, what if I want bluetooth 5.0 that just came out? I can't get it via PCI-E??? -.-'

This is how computer makers destroy the value of used computers, they create these ridiculous whitelists. It should honestly be considered a crime in my opinion to do this to your customers! VERY UNETHICAL! 

Anyways, I want to find out how I can perhaps modify the BIOS, or do something so that it will allow it to boot with a non-authorized card, but I'm not sure how I'm going to go about doing that. On the last one I had, it would just give me the unauthorized card error & then go right into GRUB instead of halting the system, unfortunately I'm not so lucky this time around.