Skip to main content
Topic: NetworkManager won't get secrets from kwallet (Read 418 times) previous topic - next topic

NetworkManager won't get secrets from kwallet

NetworkManager will not connect automatically to my wifi network at boot, and I cannot connect to it through plasma-nm. When trying to access connection info in settings, it says "Failed to get secrets" and "no agents were available for this request". After some research, I have found a similar issue on two Arch Linux Forum posts (here is one and here is two). I have not messed with any networking-related configs recently. Also, both signon-kwallet-extension and plasma-nm have been updated within the past week of this post, and I have been having the issue for the past handful of days. This leads me to believe the problem is a global issue with these two packages, and not a local issue to my machine. I am currently content using nmtui (as that is a functional workaround for now, so long as I retype my password). I just wanted to post it here so other's know to use nmtui instead and also so that those higher up on the food chain can investigate. Feel free to reach out if you need more info. Cheers!