Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] kparts invalid signature (Read 400 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] kparts invalid signature

Hello, trying to install the KDE Plasma desktop, I get the following error message: kparts: signature from "Artix Buildbot <[email protected]>" is invalid.

It is a fresh install with dinit.

pacman-key --populate artix nor pacman-key --init do not help.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks

Re: kparts invalid signature

Reply #1
So the following failed to fix:
Code: [Select]
# rm -rf /etc/pacman.d/gnupg or mv /etc/pacman.d/gnupg /etc/pacman.d/gnupg-broken
# pacman-key --init
# pacman-key --populate artix
# pacman-key --refresh-keys

So pacman -Syu works but only kparts package from the build-bot appears to be having issues.

I just tried to install kparts without any issue at all from the "https://mirror.clarkson.edu/artix-linux/repos/$repo/os/$arch " mirror in the /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist. Maybe delete the downloaded version and edit the /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist use the same mirror as above and try again. Just encase the download from the mirror being used failed somehow before.
# rm -rf  /var/cache/pacman/pkg/kparts-5.101.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst{,.sig}
# pacman -Syyu kparts
"The extra "y" will cause the rebuild of the repositories database cache in /var/lib/pacman/sync."
Hopefully this will address the issue.

In the worse case one could obtain the PKGBUILD for kparts from Artix's package website and create the package yourself then install it manually. I would recommend creating a folder for your collection of PKGBUILD files and folders for example "/home/<user home folder>/factory".
$ git clone https://gitea.artixlinux.org/packagesK/kparts.git
$ cd kparts/x86_64/extra/
$ makepkg -i

Reply #2

In the worse case one could obtain the PKGBUILD for kparts from Artix's package website and create the package yourself then install it manually. I would recommend creating a folder for your collection of PKGBUILD files and folders for example "/home/<user home folder>/factory".
$ git clone https://gitea.artixlinux.org/packagesK/kparts.git
$ cd kparts/x86_64/extra/
$ makepkg -i

That made it work, thanks for the idea. But I am not sure this a "good" solution: I had to receive the key ( gpg --recv-keys) to round up the installation, while this key is the reason Pacman refused to install the package.

Reply #3
I am glad that the work around did the job for you.
The goal was to get a hopefully functioning environment going for you.

The installation of key with gpg --recv-keys was required. Sorry about that, the key was already installed in my keyring so I did not notice. I believe that it is not a security risk of any concern with just using "--recv-keys". Signing the received key maybe a risk depending on actual key in question though. Some problem keys do exist in the wild but they are few and far between. One should not have to sign the keys received to build packages.

Since the source of the PKGBUILD was directly from Artix's site, it is also not much of a security risk. And you have built and install a package that worked. Compiling a package when one needs to is not a bad thing in my view.
Just note that since the package was custom built, if you try to download the package again from the mirrors then you will prompted to delete the corrupted package in the cache due to having a different hash/signature or lack of. Just delete the package from the cache through the pacman command dialogue and run pacman command again. The package will now be downloaded fresh copy from the mirror. All things being equal, it should work without fail on the next run.

Once everything is installed, configured, rebooted and stuff you will be able to use pacman commands without any issues. I am sure.

Reply #4
kparts was just updated - pls test again

artist