Skip to main content
Topic: Winetricks a year out of date in Artix and upstream Arch repos (Read 606 times) previous topic - next topic

Winetricks a year out of date in Artix and upstream Arch repos

Winetricks has been out of date for just under a year now on both Artix and Arch repos, and while it's not necessarily urgent to update, given that the program has its own self-updater included, it got me wondering. What normally is Artix's stance on packages that are out-of-date on upstream Arch?

Will Artix normally try to keep a more up-to-date package than upstream, or simply follow along with Arch versions until they get bumped upstream?

Re: Winetricks a year out of date in Artix and upstream Arch repos

Reply #1
It's roughly 2 months actually. The last tagged release was in February.

Reply #2
I'm seeing the Artix and Arch repos both saying April last year. AUR has a tag from Feb this year, for winetricks-git.

Maybe using the AUR winetricks-git would be a solution for now?

Reply #3
If the package is out of date on Arch I'd think it would be better to contact them. This is entirely anecdotal, but from what I've noticed Artix follows upstream in that regard.

Maybe using the AUR winetricks-git would be a solution for now?

If you don't want to use the git version the PKGBUILD seems easy enough to update too. Basically just change the package version and skip/update the hash.