Skip to main content
Topic: Artix linux base edition repo issue (Read 545 times) previous topic - next topic

Artix linux base edition repo issue

Hey, I've tried installing artix linux base edition on my pc and it got error, And that error is can't install a package name = (Libxm12).
I've tried runit S6 and dinit, also with dinit weekly ISO. but when i do ( basestrap /mnt base base-devel dinit elogind-dinit ) i got that package error form repo. Please check my screen shot.

Re: Artix linux base edition repo issue

Reply #1
The problem with the mirrors. Run
Code: [Select]
pacman -Syy
if the problem persists, change mirrors in
Code: [Select]
/etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

Reply #2
Hi!

I have exactly the same problem for me. Pacman -Syy did not improved it. All mirrors are enabled in the mirrorlist.  It does not find this file on any mirror server.

Reply #3
Yup, i am 99% sure that everyone is getting this error when they are trying to install artix or try to installing this package. And this is a serious problem ( fix this quickly )

Reply #4
The package mysteriously disappeared from main mirror. It's since been manually rebuilt so it should be there now after an update.

Reply #5
Is this a repeat occurrence with other packages? I'm unable to install `python-trove-classifiers-2023.3.9-1-any` as well. My mirrors are up to date, and the package version seems to be correct as of right now:

https://packages.artixlinux.org/details/python-trove-classifiers

But pacman can't find the package. And checking the mirrors manually, none of them have this particular package, not even of another version.

Reply #6
Is this a repeat occurrence with other packages? I'm unable to install `python-trove-classifiers-2023.3.9-1-any` as well. My mirrors are up to date, and the package version seems to be correct as of right now:

https://packages.artixlinux.org/details/python-trove-classifiers

But pacman can't find the package. And checking the mirrors manually, none of them have this particular package, not even of another version.
The answer to that is apparently, "yes". That package also disappeared, so I rebuilt that just now as well. As for why this might happen, we're in the middle of the python rebuilds so I guess something strange happened where adding builds in testing made packages in the stable repos disappear. Shouldn't be common in any case and I'd expect the new python version gets moved to stable sometime this week.

Reply #7
Thanks for pushing that package! You saved my new install  :D