Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: libcamera update broke pipewire dependency (Read 473 times) previous topic - next topic

libcamera update broke pipewire dependency

As of this writing, it's not possible to install world/pipewire, as it has a locked dependency to a specific version of libcamera:

Code: [Select]
# pacman -S pipewire
resolving dependencies...
warning: cannot resolve "libcamera-base.so=0.0.4-64", a dependency of "pipewire"
warning: cannot resolve "libcamera.so=0.0.4-64", a dependency of "pipewire"
:: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:
      pipewire

Today, libcamera was updated to 0.0.5-1, breaking this dependency.

https://packages.artixlinux.org/details/libcamera

This currently prevents a new basestrap install from proceeding, since I can't install graphical apps that rely on pipewire.

I don't want this topic to get heated, but this sort of thing happens fairly regularly in Artix. Why are libraries being updated before other packages that rely on them?

Re: libcamera update broke pipewire dependency

Reply #1
Are you on stable or using gremlins?
Also wait a few hours, currently there are some buildsystem issues, so probably it's caused by that. :)

Reply #2
This is stable. It's a brand new install actually, this error is actually from me basestrapping from a base-runit USB. The only repositories available are system, world, and galaxy.

Reply #3
Some of you sure are zealous updaters. There's roughly an hour in-between the new libcamera being moved to stable and the pipewire rebuild being moved. The delay is because python is also being moved (actually right now as we speak).

Reply #4
Not a zealous updater really... just trying to debug some issues I had with instability and crashing. I thought I would start over with a fresh install to diagnose it further, and got hit with this during the new install process

Reply #5
I had this same issue but eventually the update for pipewire came through. Whatever was done with python, as mentioned by @Dudemanguy , broke other applications like Lutris. I'll file a separate post for that.