Skip to main content
Topic: system hangs at Unmounting filesystems (Read 946 times) previous topic - next topic

system hangs at Unmounting filesystems

Hi :)

My system hangs at Unmounting filesystems. It says it's busy and never shuts down the computer. I suspect this is because of an nfs entry in fstab. But this is only my suspicion since runit isn't verbose about it.

/etc/fstab
Code: [Select]
server:/paccache      /var/cache/pacman/pkg/                     nfs   auto,user,nofail,rw,noatime,intr,soft                    0    0

When I press ctr+alt+del, runit tells me "signals only work in stage 2".

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this problem? I've recently moved from openrc to runit, so I don't have a lot of experience using runit.

Re: system hangs at Unmounting filesystems

Reply #1
I would comment out the nfs line in fstab to test that theory

Reply #2
Thanks for your reply.

I did replace the nfs line with a bind line. I use autofs so I figured I could re-mount the autofs location in a different folder and that would be fine.

Code: [Select]
/nfs/server/paccache     /var/cache/pacman/pkg/                     none   bind,user,nofail,rw                    0    0

Since I put the above line in place of the nfs line, I haven't had an issue with shutting down the system, so I guess the nfs line was really at fault. I'll give it some more time to test the issue,  though.

Reply #3
Do you know how to get the autofs service to run?