Skip to main content
Topic: How To Remove Artix Theming from the GUI ISO Installations (Read 1196 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: How To Remove Artix Theming from the GUI ISO Installations

Reply #16
You yourself said "I'm not interested in which of these completely non-standard packages do what "
It's clear from a huge error in your replies to me that you do not understand Life, the Universe and Everything as completely as you believe.
Humility is a strength not a weakness.

Reply #17
You yourself said "I'm not interested in which of these completely non-standard packages do what "
It's clear from a huge error in your replies to me that you do not understand Life, the Universe and Everything as completely as you believe.
Humility is a strength not a weakness.
What exactly is the error? You're the one who tried to make it sound like Pacman wouldn't delete a part of the main package. Now you're saying I'm the one who doesn't understand things, absurd

Reply #18
You're the one who tried to make it sound like Pacman wouldn't delete a part of the main package.
No what I said is that some of the scripts that are part of artix-branding-base delete or modify themselves after they are first run.
But also when they are first run they make changes to the system that will will not be reverted by removing that package. So with that particular package simply removing it does not result in the same setup as if you'd done a base install and never had artix-branding-base installed. Which If you are writing a guide about removing Artix theming from a GUI install I thought you might like to know. But you don't want to listen.

The other error is glaring enough that it's one of those "Tell me you don't know the original purpose of that file without telling me you don't know the original purpose" moments. Figure it out for fun ;) Or don't.

Reply #19
No what I said is that some of the scripts that are part of artix-branding-base delete or modify themselves after they are first run.
But also when they are first run they make changes to the system that will will not be reverted by removing that package. So with that particular package simply removing it does not result in the same setup as if you'd done a base install and never had artix-branding-base installed. Which If you are writing a guide about removing Artix theming from a GUI install I thought you might like to know. But you don't want to listen.
Liar
So there's a chance someone follows your guide, reboots, and then has no network ?

The other error is glaring enough that it's one of those "Tell me you don't know the original purpose of that file without telling me you don't know the original purpose" moments. Figure it out for fun ;) Or don't.
Does not matter one bit what the original purpose was, it only matter what it does

Reply #20
Okay, enough.
@gripped you should've highlighted your paragraph about humility being a strength and not a weakness :) maybe it would have catched on to him.