Skip to main content
Topic: Create a fork of Artix (Read 286 times) previous topic - next topic

Create a fork of Artix

Hi,

I want to learn how to create distros, and since I've been using artix for more than 4 years now it makes sense for me to base my custom distro on it. Are there any tools or guides that you recommend to get me started. It's first attempt at creating a custom distro. Any pointers are gonna be helpful.

Re: Create a fork of Artix

Reply #1
I found this doc, but it seems a little outdated: https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/InstallationUsingBuildiso

It only contains instructions for base and lxqt profiles. I was hoping to base my distro on plasma.

Also, it says:

Copy `/etc/artools/artools-base.conf`, `/etc/artools/artools-iso.conf`, and `/etc/artools/artools-pkg.conf` to `~/.config/artools`

But I only found `/etc/artools/artools-iso.conf` and `/etc/artools/artools-pkg.conf`. There is no  `/etc/artools/artools-base.conf` to be found.

Anyway I ignored that and continued following the instructions. But when I run `buildiso -p plasma`, I get this error:

Code: [Select]
% buildiso -p plasma   
Password:
==> Start building [plasma]
==> Deleting isoroot [iso] ...
==> Prepare [Base installation] (rootfs)
  -> Loading Packages: [Packages-base] ...
  -> Loading Packages: [Packages-apps] ...
  -> Loading Packages: [Packages-openrc] ...
  -> Loading Packages: [Packages-xorg] ...
  -> Loading Packages: [Packages-Root] ...
==> Creating install root at /var/lib/artools/buildiso/plasma/artix/rootfs
==> Installing packages to /var/lib/artools/buildiso/plasma/artix/rootfs
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 system                             252.0 KiB   553 KiB/s 00:00 [###################################] 100%
 world                                4.7 MiB  2.47 MiB/s 00:02 [###################################] 100%
 galaxy                             624.5 KiB   852 KiB/s 00:01 [###################################] 100%
error: target not found: xf86-video-openchrome
==> ERROR: Failed to install packages to new root
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in make_rootfs().
    Aborting...

Mayday please  :D