Skip to main content
Topic: Using x86_64-v3 repositories (Read 5043 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Using x86_64-v3 repositories

Reply #15
The point of accessing the ALHP API would be to check for updates to ALHP packages already installed locally and then download them and add them to the local repo. Which is going to require an internet connection anyway. To check the packager in the local database does not require an internet connection.
It is pointless when you add CachyOS repos to the mix, there's no API for that, when writing my script I went with generic local db probing instead.

I've poked around for solutions
Sometimes you have to make your own.
I have various scripts to help me.
But in the main I won't be sharing them on here as it's likely people will break their systems and then blame me no matter how many warnings I include.
Plus I worry that some of what I do personally could be seen as disrespectful to the Artix devs if I try and promote it. So I don't.
Yeah, I did write a solution to that, I initially wanted to post it here, but it's just not worth the effort for so little performance uplift in my case and a waste of time waiting for tracking verification to finish so I just abandoned the idea without optimising it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Re: Using x86_64-v3 repositories

Reply #16
It is pointless when you add CachyOS repos to the mix, there's no API for that, when writing my script I went with generic local db probing instead.
Don't add it into the mix then.
and a waste of time waiting for tracking verification to finish
You lost me there ?
I don't know the lore around your work here
That makes two of us.
the world has become so fragile in recent years that I’ve simply lost faith in people
A sad statement, yet a sentiment I unhappily share. Though with the prefix 'many' people