Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] time (Read 282 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] time

Hi,

I can not update the time package. It shows following  errors
Code: [Select]
time-1.9-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst failed to download
 Total (104/123)       806.0 MiB  4.09 MiB/s 03:17 [######################] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'time-1.9-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from artix.kurdy.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'time-1.9-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from artix.unixpeople.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'time-1.9-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.pascalpuffke.de : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'time-1.9-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.redcorelinux.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'time-1.9-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.vinehost.net : The requested URL returned error: 404

I see this error almost one month. Any suggestions what s wrong?

Thanks

Re: time

Reply #1
Some server bug I think. If you change topic name to something more verbose there's a chance that somebody will repair it.

Reply #2
It does appear this is missing from the world repo. It's not on the top level repo.

I'm not sure whether this is by design, or by mistake, but suspect the latter. ?

You can
Code: [Select]
git clone https://gitea.artixlinux.org/packages/time.git
cd time
makepkg -sri
You'd need base-devel and git installed for this if you don't have them already.

Reply #3
Yeah, weird. Re-added. Will appear in your mirror soon.

Re: [SOLVED] time

Reply #4
It seems, after some update pacman's repo-add first removes package file and then adds new record. As a result, if you add a package with same version to db the package file will be removed. So (and this refers to all packagers), please, commit to package repos carefully to prevent re-adding of same version.
Also, i encountered force-push to some repos sometimes, i.e. when i pulled them, i had some commits in local copy different from the ones in gitea and could only pull properly after resetting a few commits back.
ARMtix