Skip to main content
Topic: Is Artix planning to gain more user? (Read 4668 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Is Artix planning to gain more user?

Reply #15

Reply #16

Reply #19

Reply #20

last one for fun :)

Reply #21
 I knew what you meant  :)

Reply #22
I agree that i am retarded, moron and have got issues, i am trying to have fun though and also i am aware that i can be pain in the ass because i tend to write too much text and most of it is lots of bollocks so i feel like i am or may be pain to people cuz they read this crazy crap, but one can always ban me, i been banned many times on forums so i am used to it.  ;) I won't feel offended.
As far as I am concerned your input here hasn't been out of line. Everyone has an opinion, and is free to disagree with the status quo....as long as you do not become disagreeable. That is a line that can be crossed however, in the interest of the perceived majority .
Linux is freedom, and is available to all.  :)

Best regards.
We should try to be kind to everyone.....we are all fighting some sort of battle.

Reply #23

It was still cathartic to post all this pics.  I miss the days of my kids and I running Linux meetings, going to free software  events and protests etc.

Reply #24
Have you run out of new kids to learn?  Still, you seem pretty proud of them and I don't blame you.  It is a nice feeling.

I have tried to find such candidates among the troubled under-class young minds, but unlike you I am not very connected to my (any) community.  I have even passed on some boxes with artix installed to some, I have yet to hear from them.  Even luring them to play games and learn to modify them or even develop new apps for android stores for pocket cash hasn't been that effective.   I guess a man with a white beard couldn't possibly know anything they don't already know by the age of 16.  Playing blues guitar and riding a bicycle couldn't help the stereotype.  If I had a shiny face driving a large sedan or SUV I could possibly have had more to offer  --> the way to acquiring a large sedan and fresh razors --> which is more important than running a system with open-source and possibly all-free-software.

In my days my elders were either in fear that calculators would destroy peoples' ability to do arithmetic in their heads, or they were into rock and drugs.  I hated computers because if people could do mechanical/architectural drawing by computer what good would the art of doing it by hand be.  Then someone paid me to do computer "stuff" because I knew math.

Reply #25
Have you run out of new kids to learn?  Still, you seem pretty proud of them and I don't blame you.  It is a nice feeling.

I have tried to find such candidates among the troubled under-class young minds, but unlike you I am not very connected to my (any) community.  I have even passed on some boxes with artix installed to some, I have yet to hear from them.  Even luring them to play games and learn to modify them or even develop new apps for android stores for pocket cash hasn't been that effective.  I guess a man with a white beard couldn't possibly know anything they don't already know by the age of 16.  Playing blues guitar and riding a bicycle couldn't help the stereotype.  If I had a shiny face driving a large sedan or SUV I could possibly have had more to offer  --> the way to acquiring a large sedan and fresh razors --> which is more important than running a system with open-source and possibly all-free-software.

In my days my elders were either in fear that calculators would destroy peoples' ability to do arithmetic in their heads, or they were into rock and drugs.  I hated computers because if people could do mechanical/architectural drawing by computer what good would the art of doing it by hand be.  Then someone paid me to do computer "stuff" because I knew math.

Blues guitar is "over the top", and bicycles are pretty cool too. ;)

Best regards.
We should try to be kind to everyone.....we are all fighting some sort of battle.

Reply #26
I played in a band on drums and played lot of blues with guys ;P. It's good when guitarist can play nice solos

Reply #27

I have grand children but they aren't that age yet.