Skip to main content
Topic: i love you artix!!!@@@@  (Read 1096 times) previous topic - next topic

i love you artix!!!@@@@

sorry i am pissed but that means i am honest thanks for amazing effort you are making to create this distro i can clearly say that Artix is the best platform for gaming that exists out there... It has huge potential for be amazing platform for gaming cuz its lightweigt distro has everything amazing and system dummy is amazing for wine... I trust you so much and i play games on artix Artix live forever and artix devs thanks!@@@@@

Re: i love you artix!!!@@@@

Reply #1
Thanks for the flowers, but I am not sure artix is the best gaming platform.
However, good it works out for you, because gaming is not in my mind when doing artix stuff.  :o

Re: i love you artix!!!@@@@

Reply #2
Well for linux it is...

Sorry i have drunk some beers yesterday and was too happy with things. I heard that windows is only better from linux because of DirectX12. But it just graphics anyways... I have noticed that people use mainstream distros like ubuntu mint or even some manjaro because theyre out of the box.. Arch Linux is nice well in my opinion everything that comes with pulseaudio shipped by default is garbage distro.
I have about 25 pc games not the modern ones but more like old ones windows xp/windows7 era, the number is still growing of course, especially that in united kingdom used pc games are piss cheap in CeX, can go there and buy some titles in bulk for 50p each. From what i have installed and tested them all they run flawlessly, some of them have some DRM garbage, like TrackMania Sunrise, so i had no luck with running it as well as mass effect 1 won't even start. But i have got plenty of strategy RTS games and they all run OK.
Artix base doesnt have bloatware therefore laptop doesnt heat much it runs just few processes nd then there is game so its amazing
But well maybe windows is better for games but i had enough after few months of using it, mainly because there were too many weird processes running, i felt like i can't rely on it.
While Artix is very simple well i hve no idea how to handle services of course, but what else is better than Artix?? I would like to say that i don't really use steam, therefore i don't care about stuff like vulkan and shit... But for single player games from when i was young, i haven't used anything better.

edit: Another fact is that i wouldnt really mind systemd distribution if i havent read so much negative feedback about it on internet...