Skip to main content
Topic: it'd be Artix-wise great (Read 1425 times) previous topic - next topic

it'd be Artix-wise great

if there was Artix plasma w/runit iso :), as well some isos are from 2018 - let's see more recent :)

Re: it'd be Artix-wise great

Reply #1
if there was Artix plasma w/runit iso :), as well some isos are from 2018 - let's see more recent :)

We will definitely not do iso for every possible desktop.
We are not manjaro, we do not aim to do everything for the user, ie desktops can be installed from the repos.
That said, new iso will be out, but it is a matter of spare time to test before release.

Reply #2
I have installed using  artix-base-runit-20180604-x86_64.iso and one thing I recogized, is leaking output of applications.
Saw it during installation  (for example while using visudo) and now on every boot (no DE or Login manager -- I login and then "startx") . We already had the topic on another thread.
would be great if this was fixed in a future iso -- if possible and if enough spare time... ...and thanks for making artix linux!

Reply #3
We are not manjaro, we do not aim to do everything for the user

That's an impolite answer, I don't understand your hostility, as if I's another distro creator telling you to do things exactly the same. You already have an iso with plasma that uses OpenRC, and it'd be just like that but with runit, I didn't say anywhere YOU NEED TO do every desktop, besides I installed system from LXQT runit iso and installed plasma in it but it doesn't start, black screen with mouse cursor when choosing plasma and really, somebody could at least write how to fix this.

Reply #4
That's an impolite answer, I don't understand your hostility, as if I's another distro creator telling you to do things exactly the same. You already have an iso with plasma that uses OpenRC, and it'd be just like that but with runit, I didn't say anywhere YOU NEED TO do every desktop, besides I installed system from LXQT runit iso and installed plasma in it but it doesn't start, black screen with mouse cursor when choosing plasma and really, somebody could at least write how to fix this.

Hello,
you cantry and build runit version of the community iso editions.
It requires time to make and test thing.
I see you are very interested in helping us test it.

The iso profiles for community edition can be found in our gitea
https://gitea.artixlinux.org/artix/iso-profiles/src/branch/community

next you will need artools (artools-iso), follow our wiki
https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/InstallationUsingBuildiso

and use vuildiso with "-i runit" option.

Reply #5

Unfortunately, stupid wikipedia states artix would be a manjaro derivative (which is false dear wikipedia editors.)
It was also preventative for other new users to ask if artix could do an XY destop iso.

We have two init systems supported, and as long as there is only a small team, we keep the amount of desktop iso at a minimum, with lxqt only.