Skip to main content
Topic: News Items (Read 1614 times) previous topic - next topic

News Items

I see the news items flash across the top of the forum page...but that's it.
And what is shown as news is not show in the news items on the Artix home page.

Is there another link for news items shown on the forum page?
I think it would be useful having a "one-stop" location for news items past and current.

Re: News Items

Reply #2
please PLEASE make a static news page
that news widget is pretty useless unless you sit and stare at it for 10+ seconds (and wait for it to look if you blinked) and even then you cant click on "News..." (which also happens to be the color of links depending on your theme).  You say the news items are in the announcements forum, but I counted at least 2-3 that arent, and there is no 1-to-1 linkage between an announcement and a thread in said forum (ie. "our mirrorlist is changing" news item does not link or seem even related to the "primary mirrorlist" thread).

I for one would just like a page or link where I can see all the current major announcements, not a thread that you have to dig through for information.  Is that something that's being worked on?

Reply #3
Please, mark the thread as [SOLVED] by editing your initial post. It makes it easier for other users to find the solution. Cheers!
How the hell did this end up here...

Reply #4
I think the best place to post important news is the index artixlinux.org page. In our defence, the mirrorlist change was posted there, as a really important one. The rest aren't / weren't front page material, neither the long awaited package move from our testing repos. Note taken.

Reply #5
Hey Nou, on that news stripe, it says about the list but it appears as "address protected".  I am on the list but is there a reason it is covered up?  Or is it something my browser is blocking?

On devuan forum they have some reverse action, where only new people ever come in and ask a question and a couple of fork-makers.  The rest of the people who know stuff are all on the list :)  Old timers I guess, they only like email and in 80 character ascii lines.

Reply #7
it's the damn cloud protection :)
I have not allowed cloudflare.com any script rights so it will not let me know what list I am already subscribed on.
Oh well!