Skip to main content
Topic: New user enjoying Artix and saying hello to all (Read 1027 times) previous topic - next topic

New user enjoying Artix and saying hello to all

Hello everybody. Installed Artix 3 days ago and I'm enjoying it. So glad I found it.
I used Arch some years ago, but quit . I have strong feelings about systemd, but that subject isn't for here right now.
I made some mistakes with my installation, but finally got them worked out. Operator error.
So far, artix has everything I need/use and is working ok on this laptop, which is a lenovo ideapad 320. Got the laptop new for a very good price, so ordered it, not knowing anything about it. Bad decision.
Any way, just saying hi and tip of hat to artix devs for an outstanding job. If I could help, I would, but I don't code.
I'm retired and enjoying it.
Retired and loving every second of it.

Re: New user enjoying Artix and saying hello to all

Reply #1
It turns out to be a great distro and these folks work hard to make it so.

Reply #3
Yes....welcome. I reckon your feelings about systemd are shared by many here. Wonderful to have a great distro w/o all that baggage.

Best regards.
We should try to be kind to everyone.....we are all fighting some sort of battle.

Reply #4
Thank you nous and conky60!
artix is my main system so far and not seeing any reason to change :)
Will figure out in time some way to help/give back.
Retired and loving every second of it.

Reply #5
Three weeks for me and greatly enjoying this sanctuary away from egregious hostile systemD takeover. Being able to take control of my own computers and free of Redhat's brutal dependency hell is a trip back in time.