Skip to main content
Topic: Stuck on installation login. (Read 5440 times) previous topic - next topic

Stuck on installation login.

Hi! I'm Emanuel from Italy.
I  have just installed Artix  on an Asus 1001pxd with no problems. Now I can't start installation with the same stick on an Asus K50C, the situation is as in the picture.
I experienced the same problem now with Manjaro XFCE and in the past with other Linux distros,  not with Ubuntu nor Lubuntu.
I would like some more than Lubuntu 18.04 on this notebook and I thought of some Arch distro like Artix.
I need a help.
Thanks.

Re: Stucked on installation login.

Reply #1
Hi! I'm Emanuel from Italy.
I  have just installed Artix  on an Asus 1001pxd with no problems. Now I can't start installation with the same stick on an Asus K50C, the situation is as in the picture.
I experienced the same problem now with Manjaro XFCE and in the past with other Linux distros,  not with Ubuntu nor Lubuntu.
I would like some more than Lubuntu 18.04 on this notebook and I thought of some Arch distro like Artix.
I need a help.
Thanks.
What's the problem? Did you use some installation image with GUI or this one doesn't react to keyboard? If it is image with GUI, does any of your laptops have nvidia GPU?
ARMtix

Re: Stuck on installation login.

Reply #2
I made a bootable stick with Etcher of artix-lxqt-openrc-20181008-x86_64.iso.  K50C has an Intel Celeron 220 and Sis 671 vga,  if i type username and password don't login.

Reply #3
I made a bootable stick with Etcher of artix-lxqt-openrc-20181008-x86_64.iso.  K50C has an Intel Celeron 220 and Sis 671 vga,  if i type username and password don't login.
Default username/password is artix/artix. Also try root/artix. If all else fails, you can try any of our new testing ISOs.

Reply #6
I spent a hour  today googling for a solution, now simply don't know what to do.

Reply #7
Are you still stuck? The last picture shows that you correctly logged in. Although you should probably use the "artix" user (with password "artix") and not the root user directly. You can then install with basestrap and all that.