Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [Solved] incompatible gcc-plugins in linux-headers 5.5.2 (Read 2607 times) previous topic - next topic

[Solved] incompatible gcc-plugins in linux-headers 5.5.2

coming from archlinux i 'm evaluating artix and openrc on an older notebook, fresh install  from artix-lxqt-openrc-20181008-x86_64.iso.  After installation i ran pacman -Syu.

When trying to install rtl8822bu-dkms-git from aur i got this error:

cc1: Fehler: incompatble gcc/plugin versions
cc1: Fehler: Plugin ./scripts/gcc-plugins/structleak_plugin.so kann nicht initialisiert werden

Code: [Select]
pacman -Qo /usr/lib/modules/5.5.2-artix1-1/build/scripts/gcc-plugins/structleak_plugin.so
/usr/lib/modules/5.5.2-artix1-1/build/scripts/gcc-plugins/structleak_plugin.so ist in linux-headers 5.5.2.artix1-1 enthalten

i have these versions:
gcc  9.2.1
linux-headers 5.5.2

artix linux-headers 5.5.2 are from 2020.02.04. archlinux has an commit linux-headers 5.5.2-2 from 2020.02.05 (commit meesage gcc-release-2)

to whom shall i send this message

Re: incompatible gcc-plugins in linux-headers 5.5.2

Reply #1
There have been many reports of failing DKMS with kernel 5.5 and gcc 9.2, most likely being the kernel's fault. You can try your luck with linux-lts or any other kernel <5.5.

[Solved] Re: incompatible gcc-plugins in linux-headers 5.5.2

Reply #2
solved by upgrade to the today released linux 5.5.3

Re: [Solved] incompatible gcc-plugins in linux-headers 5.5.2

Reply #3
Is this actually solved? Updated for the first time in a little while today jumping straight from 5.4.15 to 5.5.3 and I am getting the same issues as OP with any dkms module I try to install/update.

Should I start a new thread, or is it maybe not actually fixed?

Reply #4
i could build several dkms modules using gcc without errors.
so i think its a new thread.
what about your gcc version?

Reply #5
I found the issue. I was using the linux-zen kernel.  I bet whatever needed to be fixed on the standard kernel just needs to be applied there. For now the normal one will work just fine  :)

Reply #6
linux-zen is still incompatible with our gcc, tested 5.5.4  :-\