Skip to main content
Topic: warning: opensysusers: local (0.6-1) is newer than system (0.5.1-3) (Read 1231 times) previous topic - next topic

warning: opensysusers: local (0.6-1) is newer than system (0.5.1-3)

I tried to do a full system upgrade with pacman -Syu. My update splits a warning

Code: [Select]
~~> sudo pacman -Syu
[sudo] password for XXXXXX:
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 system is up to date
 world is up to date
 galaxy is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: opensysusers: local (0.6-1) is newer than system (0.5.1-3)
 there is nothing to do

All I have been doing was simply upgrading the system so far. My question is two fold: How come a later version than the one available with the system could be installed in place? Second: What should I expect if I leave this like this (or) what would happen if I downgrade?
Andromedan

Re: warning: opensysusers: local (0.6-1) is newer than system (0.5.1-3)

Reply #1
It was downgraded due to the newer opensysusers not creating dbus user.

Reply #2
Thanks. In this case, would it be safe to expect this warning be vanished in with the feature upgrades?
Andromedan

Reply #3
Thanks. In this case, would it be safe to expect this warning be vanished in with the feature upgrades?
You can fix the issue, like I did, by running "sudo pacman -Syuu". This will downgrade opensysusers to the current version.

Best regards.
We should try to be kind to everyone.....we are all fighting some sort of battle.

Reply #4
You can fix the issue, like I did, by running "sudo pacman -Syuu". This will downgrade opensysusers to the current version.

Best regards.
It is better to be explicit and reinstall only the needed package.

You never know what users did with their system, better stay safe.

Reply #5
It is better to be explicit and reinstall only the needed package.

You never know what users did with their system, better stay safe.
True enough...I only assumed that the user had stable packages installed. If any "other" packages would want to downgrade, care would be required using my method. Better to install the older version from cache. 

Best regards.
We should try to be kind to everyone.....we are all fighting some sort of battle.

Reply #6
if was downgraded, should be use epoch=1 :-\
i was suprised too, who installed in my system version 0.6  :-\

sorry for inconvenience

Reply #7
If I do pacman / yay / pakku -Syuu in a terminal - I'm not sure how all GUI's handle this - I get a warning first about what will be upgraded or downgraded, so there is no danger of it doing unexpected things, provided the onscreen messages are read. Then the dialogue asks me if I want to proceed, yes or no. No stops the process before anything is changed.

Reply #8
If I do pacman / yay / pakku -Syuu in a terminal - I'm not sure how all GUI's handle this - I get a warning first about what will be upgraded or downgraded, so there is no danger of it doing unexpected things, provided the onscreen messages are read. Then the dialogue asks me if I want to proceed, yes or no. No stops the process before anything is changed.

yeah, but that is normal....

sometimes in archlinux needs manual action ... it does no GUI, but it can only be done from the terminal ...that's normal

(example: https://www.archlinux.org/news/primus_vk13-1-update-requires-manual-intervention/)