Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE and Cinnamon edition. (Read 981 times) previous topic - next topic

Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE and Cinnamon edition.

Hello !

I try to switch from macOS  to Linux (so, I am very new to Linux things) and have a small problem with a Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE modem (all other things worked out-of-the-box).

The machine is a ThinkPad T440p and the card is shown.

Code: [Select]
lsusb
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 1199:a001 Sierra Wireless, Inc. Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE

If I boot the artix-plasma-openrc-20200210-x86_64.iso I can configure and use the card in the live system and, also in the installed system. If I boot the artix-cinnamon-openrc-20200210-x86_64.iso (also the runit version) I can configure a mobile broadband connection as in plasma but at the first box the card is not recognised (normally there is in the drop down menu something like for all devices / for Sierra ... or for all GSM or all CDMA devices). The connection itself is shown after creating but not listed in the settings or the applet self. As I have no idea where to find the right documentation my question is, which things are missing or which are not started ?

Thanks for help.

Re: Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE and Cinnamon edition.

Reply #1
'mmcli -L'

what say this?

Reply #2
Thanks for the fast answer.

By default nothing because the command (which I found out is part of the Modem Manager) is not installed.

mmcli -L
error: couldn't find the ModemManager process in the bus

But the following and a reboot solved it (the connection is shown in the applet and workes).

sudo pacman -Sy modemmanager

How to report that, that the next ISO´s are fixed ?

Reply #3
modemmanager is depends of networkmanager package. i will report that.

Reply #4
Thanks.