Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED/PEBCAK] Reverting Artix-Dark KDE Theme (Read 6482 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Reverting Hardcoded Artix-Dark KDE Theme

Reply #30
I've been thinking about some things, and would like to make some comments. I could start a new topic, but this seems like as good a place as any to voice my viewpoint. Mostly because this type of topic is at the core of what I have been thinking about. I have been using linux for about 20 years now, and have found myself connected to many different linux communities over that period of time. I am also 63 years of age, and very much a member of the "old school". Early on I learned that the kind folks who offer me this wonderful system called "linux' are people who are willing to offer their time and effort to help, and teach. But, one must be willing to learn. I find that many people these days expect too much for too little....they are takers and not givers, all too quick to condemn and make demands....and most often unwilling to assume any responsibility in the process.

I quickly learned that a linux community, like this very one, of which I am very thankful, is a place of learning...not just a "complaint box", or a place to make demands.
A linux community as I see it should be a place of give and take. By receiving help and knowledge, you in turn help others as you learn....seems like a good deal to me.

Anyway, I tend to try out the latest isos, and I installed the community weekly KDE Plasma w/openrc init on a spare drive that I have. I have been using KDE for ages, and I am quite familiar with it. Post installation I had a working system only in need of tweaking, which I enjoy doing. I cannot expect that any distro could possibly suit my wants/needs in every regard post install.
My current daily Artix Plasma driver has been installed for a rather long time, so I wanted to see if the latest had profound "issues" like "broken themes", or "completely broken KDE". No evidence of either (no surprise there).

My patience wears rather thin regarding demanding individuals who expect everything, but contribute little.

I for one am very thankful for the linux community, and particularly the Artix community...it's a good place to be. 8-)

Best regards to all.
We should try to be kind to everyone.....we are all fighting some sort of battle.

Reply #31
I am completely agree with @conky60. When I started using Linux in 2007 the first answer I received was "RTFM" and I had to read this link before posting a question.

I think many people should learn how to ask a question, even if this isn't a question at all.
Artix Linux Colombia

Reply #32
Here's a 1-minute video that shows how to switch themes in a fresh Artix Plasma installation (Really? We've come to this?)

It only takes 2 clicks - instead of 1 - because of the provision for the uniform Gtk/Qt theming.

The fault is all mine, because I considered the original complaining posts as legitimate facts instead of what they truly were, and wasted time looking for solutions to a non-existent problem. Mea culpa.

If you can't even switch a theme in Plasma (of all DEs, FFS), please go somewhere else. Otherwise, ASK POLITELY. Posts like this, this or this will not be tolerated anymore. BE POLITE. You are not issuing my paycheck, you're not in position to demand anything.

I'm locking the topic down.

[EDIT]: Video URL changed because vimeo flagged it as "adult" for using a politically incorrect word.