Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Help for HP printer configuration (Read 4348 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [SOLVED] Help for HP printer configuration

Reply #30
maybe he can instal linux-zen
Code: [Select]
pacman -S linux-zen
Hi alium! I read something, I seem to understand that it is an alternative Kernel ... I would not want to break something by installing it. I know that touching the kernel is a very delicate thing, and I am not an expert to remedy ... If I install it I can go back easily, if something goes wrong? TKS in advance for the reply.

Reply #31
Hi alium! I read something, I seem to understand that it is an alternative Kernel ... I would not want to break something by installing it. I know that touching the kernel is a very delicate thing, and I am not an expert to remedy ... If I install it I can go back easily, if something goes wrong? TKS in advance for the reply.
linux, linux-lts, linux-zen and much other kernels are installed together not breaking each other. You will have one default choice in grub menu and other will be in options submenu
ARMtix

Reply #33
Possibly run pacman -Syu to update your system first, the current version in the repos is *13* not *11* so the old version wouldn't be found.

Reply #34
Possibly run pacman -Syu to update your system first, the current version in the repos is *13* not *11* so the old version wouldn't be found.
TKS #######, it's ok. Now I try to reboot and choose the new one kernel.

Reply #35
TKS #######, it's ok. Now I try to reboot and choose the new one kernel.
I guess I didn't understand something. At boot time there is no selection of different kernels available. - Where am I wrong?

Reply #36
you must some kernel to grub add  before :D (or which sysem loader you use)