Skip to main content
Topic: Compton is Broken (Read 1307 times) previous topic - next topic

Compton is Broken

Compton does not start from menu. When started from terminal as "$ compton-conf" it gives 20 lines (!) of the same error:
(compton-conf:28882): Gtk-WARNING **: 13:17:48.788: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine".

It does, though start anyway, but only from terminal with the above whole page of errors.

Re: Compton is Broken

Reply #1
not happens on me:
Code: [Select]
[alois@picasso ~]$ compton-conf 
qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin
[alois@picasso ~]$

maybe have you wrong set gtk2/3 theme? or not set qt5ct?

Reply #2
It doesn't work out of the box on lxqt. Its broken there. Please investigate.

Reply #3
the latest version should be Qt based program so no GTK warnings should appear unless you set something crazy for Qt.

PS bonus: Conmpton in Archlinux was replaced by fork called "picom"

Reply #4
the latest version should be Qt based program so no GTK warnings should appear unless you set something crazy for Qt.

PS bonus: Conmpton in Archlinux was replaced by fork called "picom"

That was clean 11th May ISO. I have nothing installed and nothing set up. This was the default Artix setup.

If so the borken libary should be substituted for the software/libary Arch is using by default (they use the fork). Otherwise its broken.

Reply #5
I'm facing the same issue with Keepassxc as of today.
(keepassxc:4927): Gtk-WARNING **: 14:24:42.213: Imposible encontrar el motor de temas en la ruta al _modulo: «murrine»,
//x24
QApplication: invalid style override 'gtk' passed, ignoring it.
Available styles: bb10dark, bb10bright, cleanlooks, gtk2, cde, motif, plastique, Windows, Fusion
QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 2
Violación de segmento

Reply #6
Yes, because Qt5 5.15  breaking some UI, actually we can only wait for fix by mainstream.

qt5-styleplugins is broken,w need from AUR 5.0.0.20170311-22.
qt5-base-5.15.0-2 fix some  icons
Qt5ct-0.41-4 is broken too, fix exist now  and coming soon to archlinux.

Stay tuned  :)

Reply #7
In the meantime I got at least Keepassxc working again by following the instructions at News (https://artixlinux.org/news.php#Qt_5.15_changes).

It worked by setting  the QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE line to motif (from its previous value gtk) at /etc/environment
QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=motif

"kvantum-dark" didn't work for me. I also tried "gtk2" from the list but it didn't work either.
Other options from the styles list might work but I haven't tested yet.