Skip to main content
Topic: Hello from Greece and some observations (artix xfce) (Read 1112 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello from Greece and some observations (artix xfce)

Hello to all. I'm 31 from Greece and 1year on linux. I've tested a lot distros and found Arch works best for me. Recently i learned about Artix from a dev of this distro. I think it's a nice distro and i enjoy it on my main pc.

I use the xfce de which has some minor problems. The light themes do not work properly and now i use dark. Dark are not bad in your distro though.

Also after the locking screen opera browser can't type and i have to quit and restart opera again. But then again i dasbled locking screen anyway.

Apart from these two minor problems the distro is light and fast. Runit is perfect and i enjoy the experience. It was the closest to Arch xfce experience i have to say. Kudos to your team!

I would love to see some more icons or mouse themes by default but that's ok.
Your repositories are good and have things i was expecting. AUR works just fine and all the updates are fast.

If i can help just tell me. Everyday i learn new things about linux. I already told some friends to try this distro.

Re: Hello from Greece and some observations (artix xfce)

Reply #1
Hello to all. I'm 31 from Greece and 1year on linux. I've tested a lot distros and found Arch works best for me. Recently i learned about Artix from a dev of this distro. I think it's a nice distro and i enjoy it on my main pc.

I use the xfce de which has some minor problems. The light themes do not work properly and now i use dark. Dark are not bad in your distro though.

Also after the locking screen opera browser can't type and i have to quit and restart opera again. But then again i dasbled locking screen anyway.

Apart from these two minor problems the distro is light and fast. Runit is perfect and i enjoy the experience. It was the closest to Arch xfce experience i have to say. Kudos to your team!

I would love to see some more icons or mouse themes by default but that's ok.
Your repositories are good and have things i was expecting. AUR works just fine and all the updates are fast.

If i can help just tell me. Everyday i learn new things about linux. I already told some friends to try this distro.

Hey rhtoras and welcome to our forum.

Thanks for the kudos to the team and mentioning me.  :)

Unfortunately there is an issue with the XFCE Power Manager, in general, with locking the screen and not unlocking as it should.

For this reason, you have to disable the "Lock Session" at it's settings from the XFCE Control Center.

If you would like to lock the screen and XFCE screensaver does not do it, you may disable it also and install the xscreensaver and adjust it's settings accordingly.

And there a lot of different ways to help, if you want to.

We can discuss this further.

Also invite your friends to join our Greek Telegram Chanel https://t.me/ArtixLinuxGreece

Regards

Reply #2
Hello! I have a workaround for that issue. After unlocking your screen, you must click on the app at the taskbar: Minimize and maximize the application again.
That's what works for me for the time being. Cheers!

Reply #3

Bonjour rhtoras,

I tested Artix for a year on VirtualBox before installing it on three PCs.

On the XFCE version, I noticed that some windows show wrong colors when I choose the Adwaita theme.

For example in some configuration windows such as Gimp preferences, the text appears black on a black background, and the Gimp System theme looks the same ...

Ditto for Dolphin, which I add to XFCE4, the icons background is black instead of light gray, with black text: - /
To work around, you have to edit ~ / .config / kdeglobals and modify modify:
[Colors: View]
BackgroundNormal = 220,220,220

Finally, I found a "nag" type solution: Reinstall all the packages present.
sudo pacman -S $ (pacman -Qnq)

After this "cure", all the colors are correct everywhere ... provided that you comment in / etc / environment the two lines:
# QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME = gtk2
# QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE = gtk

jp from France