Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Artix wiki login (Read 1546 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Artix wiki login

Hello. This is my first thread, I hope this is the correct sub-forum.

I want to write an article on the wiki about "Printing", but I can't login.
I tried using the forum user and password, and also just the user. Should I request an account this way?

Yesterday I intended  to print something using HPLIP as I used to on Debian and Ubuntu, plainly installing HPLIP, but that was not enough. I consulted Arch wiki, Gentoo wiki and many other sites.
Finally, I succeeded. I would like to write that down before I forget more details.

Re: Artix wiki login

Reply #1
If you can put it here, I or someone can add it

Reply #2
I installed just hplip through pacman from my experience with apt-based operative systems. At that point hp-toolbox failed to recognize the printer.
It became aparent that I also needed cups and either cups-s6, cups-runit or cups-openrc as appropriate. After simply installing them through pacman the printer was ready to work.
That's all I wanted to document.
Best regards.

Reply #3
I installed just hplip through pacman from my experience with apt-based operative systems. At that point hp-toolbox failed to recognize the printer.
It became aparent that I also needed cups and either cups-s6, cups-runit or cups-openrc as appropriate. After simply installing them through pacman the printer was ready to work.
That's all I wanted to document.
Best regards.

What?
It is absolutely clear and obvious as the systemd starts the cups service, openrc, runit, s6 must start the service too. It doesn't have to be a wiki. This is the absolute basis that the user of Linux must know !!!!!

https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Troubleshooting#Service_file_can.27t_be_found.28aka_.22service_.27service.27_doesn.27t_exist.22_in_OpenRC.29
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=OpenRC,_an_alternative_to_systemd

Archlinux was never intended as a system for beginners, because need study a documentation and that's what we're based on.

P. S. Don't take it as an attack on you...

Reply #4
We edited  the wiki about openrc based on your suggestion to make it more understandable.

Reply #5
I won't take it personal. Marking this thread as solved.