Skip to main content
Topic: Artix Linux new flavor with i3 Desktop ISO (Read 4813 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Artix Linux new flavor with i3 Desktop ISO

Reply #15
Hello everyone, I really like this distro and I want to use it but I have problem this live enviroments seems to stay after installation is complete and I boot from my ssd and mod+return or any i3 key is not working after the installation is complete.Do I need to edit .xinitrc file or somthinf to exit this enviroment with edit config and keybinds and terminal opend?

Reply #16
Hello everyone, I really like this distro and I want to use it but I have problem this live enviroments seems to stay after installation is complete and I boot from my ssd and mod+return or any i3 key is not working after the installation is complete.Do I need to edit .xinitrc file or somthinf to exit this enviroment with edit config and keybinds and terminal opend?

I really do not quite comprehend, how so you face such issues.

In any case the configuration files are in your ~/.config/i3 folder.

Regards

Reply #17
Can you, please, update the iso files for testing?

Reply #18
I hope in a few days that the ISO will move to official release.

I am in the process of making the final one.

Note that the configs have already been added as an extra package already, named artix-i3-presets.

You can install the package and copy them to your ~/.config/ folder, for the time being.

Regards

Reply #19
Hi,
I have installed this on two machines so far and really like it.
However, pcmanfm end up on the browser workspace, and midori on the terminal one.
This might be worth fixing before going official.

Thanks for a great distro!

Reply #20
However, pcmanfm end up on the browser workspace, and midori on the terminal one.

Hi,

The workspace number can be altered to the relative line 98 at the config file in your ~/.config/i3/ directory.

Code: [Select]
assign [class="Pcmanfm"] $ws3

Tilling desktops are highly configurable and we cannot satisfy everyone.

Regards