Skip to main content
Topic: Deepin Desktop Environment (Read 1619 times) previous topic - next topic

Deepin Desktop Environment

While i am a casual XFCE user (i have a cinnamon with openRC too) i tend to like Deepin Desktop. I have small experience but the few times i played with it i found it amazing. I wonder why there is not any deepin iso's but at the same time i understand the reasons.

If i install deepin desktop alongside my open RC cinnamon what could go wrong ?
I will install: deepin deepin extra

do i need something else to make it work ?

Thanks!

Re: Deepin Desktop Environment

Reply #2
While i am a casual XFCE user (i have a cinnamon with openRC too) i tend to like Deepin Desktop. I have small experience but the few times i played with it i found it amazing. I wonder why there is not any deepin iso's but at the same time i understand the reasons.

If i install deepin desktop alongside my open RC cinnamon what could go wrong ?
I will install: deepin deepin extra

do i need something else to make it work ?

Thanks!

Hi rhtoras.

Deepin's demand in general is rather small, nearly to 0%, as resulted out of five different sources polling and is clearly stipulated at the chart below, and thank you for your understanding to this.

After publishing Gnome, Artix Linux ISOs will go to other, than Desktop, orientation.

So, you may install Deepin from the repos.

If any additional tweaks or configs are needed, please apply that  Wiki

Regards

Reply #3
@alium Well my question was if there was any iso (so i don't have any problems or confict with my other de's). Ok i know it's  not the case but i'd like to have an iso ready so i can download it on other pc's.

@linuxer Thanks i can see what you say. I'm not convinced though about popularity. It's a fact i know but in the future it might be better.

Reply #4
@linuxer Thanks i can see what you say. I'm not convinced though about popularity. It's a fact i know but in the future it might be better.

If the popularity rises up, we will probably revise our decisions accordingly.

Regards