Skip to main content
Topic: Star LabTop Mk IV (Read 837 times) previous topic - next topic

Star LabTop Mk IV

I recently ordered a laptop from Star Labs, their LabTop MkIV.
I had to pre-order due to supply issues from the covid 19 pandemic. I am expecting delivery late July early August. They have a long list of distros that they have tested for compatibility, but alas, no Artix, or any systemd-free distro. I got an email from Star Labs asking if I have a distro I would like them to test for compatibility to add to their list. Well, I asked if they could test Artix and sent them a link to download an .iso.
Got a reply back today and they said that they were unaware of Artix Linux, but, they should be able to test for compatibility before the end of the week!
That would make Artix the only non-systemd distro on their compatibility list. 8-)

Best regards.

https://starlabs.systems/pages/labtop-mk-iv
We should try to be kind to everyone.....we are all fighting some sort of battle.

Re: Star LabTop Mk IV

Reply #1
Nice laptop, not bad price, but bad processor, I want no Intel more... Not if exist ryzen 😄😄

Re: Star LabTop Mk IV

Reply #2
I understand, but I want a purpose built Linux laptop. As far as I know there are none that offer amd processors. I refuse to purchase a new laptop and pay microsoft tax, and then as a first order of action, delete that os and install Linux.....most probably voiding the warranty in the process. I am done with that.

Best regards.
We should try to be kind to everyone.....we are all fighting some sort of battle.