Skip to main content
Topic: Artix i3 does not recognize Pendrives and no sound y others problems. (Read 918 times) previous topic - next topic

Artix i3 does not recognize Pendrives and no sound y others problems.

Hi all. I am very happy that the new isos have come out, with Gnome and i3 which is what interests me. I come from pure Arch linux, so I know something. The Artix iso with i3 does not recognize USB flash drives in live mode and is not installed either. I added the uucp and dialout groups just like sddm and still still can't see the usb stick. I add that I have installed everything related to fat32, exfat, ntfs. I can see the memory with gparted but here I cannot mount it the enabled option does not appear. That regarding USB memory. As for the sound, I enter the pulseaudio, alsamixer but I still cannot adjust the sound. I clarify that I have a PC with AMD ryzen 3 in case something is missing to install. Another problem I have is with the configuration of the X11, I write a file called 10-monitor.conf with a new resolution for my monitor that worked well in arch but here with Artix it just doesn't load the resolution I want. I appreciate in advance any suggestion or help, as I very much wish to have arch with runit.
Regards.

Re: Artix i3 does not recognize Pendrives and no sound y others problems.

Reply #1
Hi all. I am very happy that the new isos have come out, with Gnome and i3 which is what interests me. I come from pure Arch linux, so I know something. The Artix iso with i3 does not recognize USB flash drives in live mode and is not installed either. I added the uucp and dialout groups just like sddm and still still can't see the usb stick. I add that I have installed everything related to fat32, exfat, ntfs. I can see the memory with gparted but here I cannot mount it the enabled option does not appear. That regarding USB memory. As for the sound, I enter the pulseaudio, alsamixer but I still cannot adjust the sound. I clarify that I have a PC with AMD ryzen 3 in case something is missing to install. Another problem I have is with the configuration of the X11, I write a file called 10-monitor.conf with a new resolution for my monitor that worked well in arch but here with Artix it just doesn't load the resolution I want. I appreciate in advance any suggestion or help, as I very much wish to have arch with runit.
Regards.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

What do you mean exactly that i3 does not install?

Can you be more specific?

We are using arandr (xrandr) for the monitor settings, so please ref to the Wiki

In any case, the xrandr profile can be saved and added in .bashrc to autostart the relative configs.

The dmenu, starts up by F9.

Gparted does not mount USB devices.

We have installed udisk2 for that. Wiki

If you face troubles, you can use also udiskie, is included in our repos.

Sound output level, can be adjusted, by clicking on the audio icon.

config and keybindings are also easy accessible, for information and settings, by clicking on the relative text buttons, at the bar.

As reported here, you may need to change the above bindings, for multimedia keys to work.

Regards