Skip to main content
Topic: Network Issues (Read 1238 times) previous topic - next topic

Network Issues

I just installed artix(runit) on a vm to check it out. I installed it using the guide and it was a successful installation. So I unmounted all drives, and rebooted the system. Once back up, I logged in and created a new user and gave it sudo priviliges, and ran pacman -Syu. Error. Apparently I didn't have internet. I checked the vm's network adapters and settings but nothing. I can't even install dhcpcd. What do I do?

Re: Network Issues

Reply #2
I just installed artix(runit) on a vm to check it out. I installed it using the guide and it was a successful installation. So I unmounted all drives, and rebooted the system. Once back up, I logged in and created a new user and gave it sudo priviliges, and ran pacman -Syu. Error. Apparently I didn't have internet. I checked the vm's network adapters and settings but nothing. I can't even install dhcpcd. What do I do?

In addition to the above answer.

Are you using wifi with runit?

Was wpa_supplicant installed at installation and configured as per our Wiki?

Regards

Reply #3
1. Which init?
2. Which guide, our wiki's or some youtuber's?
3. Is your network showing with ip link or ifconfig -a?
I am using runit. Looking through artix wiki and arch wiki. ipconfig and ifconfig both are not working

Reply #4
In addition to the above answer.

Are you using wifi with runit?

Was wpa_supplicant installed at installation and configured as per our Wiki?

Regards
I am not using wifi. I am connected to ethernet. The virtual machines settings were working doing basestrap and installing grub. But when I booted into the harddrive, internet stopped working.

Reply #5
I can't even install dhcpcd

you clearly missed steps on the install process. you were suppose to configure networking before rebooting:
https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Installation#Network_configuration

boot back into the live iso. mount your root folder and "chroot" on it to install and configure the missing networking steps. im on runnit and it works fine on my crappy realtek network card.

Reply #6
You need to install a network daemon (e.g. dhcpcd) and the appropriate init script (e.g. dhcpcd-runit). And of course, enable the service.