Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] steam requiring libsystemd.so.0 (Read 2247 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] steam requiring libsystemd.so.0

Hello, my steam complained today about a missing libsystemd.so.0 in 32 bits mode. Am I missing some compability layer?

Re: steam requiring libsystemd.so.0

Reply #1
Is libelogind installed? It provides libsystemd.so for the idiotic apps hardlinked against it.

[EDIT] My bad, steam is 32bit, we need a lib32-libelogind.

Reply #2
Does that work for multilib though? I don't use steam so I'm not sure but it might be specifically looking for the 32bit library.

Reply #3
It is looking specifically for the 32 bit version of libsystemd.so.0 I thought I mentioned that. But apparently not. is there a package named lib32-libelogind. I'll check if it's installed.
Edit: I checked there is no lib32-libelogind. Not in lib32 nor in lib32-gremlins.

Reply #4
Yeah it doesn't exist. We never had a need for it before, but looks like there is one now. I wonder how on earth this ended up as a dependency...

Reply #5
Actually some devs in IRC said they use steam just fine. Are you 100% sure you have every required package installed from the Artix lib32 repo?

Reply #6
Well so I disabled multilib and did an pacman -Scc and pacman -Syyuu and no package was reinstalled or downgraded so I am pretty sure. Also steam is telling me
You are missing the following 32 bit libraries and Steam may not run: libsystemd.so.0 so I'm pretty sure they added it as a dependency.
Thing is it was working in the past. But I downgraded from gremlins due to getting wrong libs for some programs. So I might be missing something.

Reply #7
Could you run "ldd" on the steam binary (wherever it is; I don't know where it's stored) and post the output here?

Reply #8
Did pacman -Syu today and it broke my steam, so yeah, something is not right..
This is what i get when launching from terminal:
Code: [Select]
$ steam
Running Steam on artix rolling 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
Pins up-to-date!
Steam client's requirements are satisfied
/home/ton11/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam
[2020-07-13 23:00:01] Startup - updater built Jul  8 2020 23:10:46
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1594252496)
SteamUpdateUI: An X Error occurred
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)

Reply #9
Doesn't appear to be related. Looks like some xorg thing.

Reply #10
You might be right. This might be nvidia related.

Reply #12
So I fixed it I reintstalled all packages in the lib32 repo. Now steam runs again.

Re: [SOLVED] steam requiring libsystemd.so.0

Reply #13
Just a note:

If you have the lib32-elogind already installed and you get the same error, just make a softlink, as below

Code: [Select]
sudo ln -s /usr/lib32/libelogind.so /usr/lib32/libsystemd.so.0