Skip to main content
Topic: Artix-runit : Confused about pacage managment... (Read 835 times) previous topic - next topic

Artix-runit : Confused about pacage managment...

Hi there...

So I installed Artix-runit and been having a blast. I'm just a little confused about package management... the wiki has some information... (https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Repositories) but not a lot of info.

• Is it possible to search JUST the Atrix Repos
  • The wiki says the applications names are "slightly different".. is there a naming convention for that? So I can find the correct packages easily
  • Is there a naming system to automatically install runin "run" scripts for apps.. .like pacman -S applicationname-sv or something liek that?[/

Basically I am unsure about how to install packages and from the AUR as runit makes things work differently. For most thing I would be cool with the default apps, but I will need some specialty apps for my work that I usually get form the AUR.

Re: Atrix-runit : Confused about pacage managment...

Reply #1
for runit, it be applicationname-runit
openrc applicationname-openrc
etc

I dont know of an diff naming except for application-$init where $init is which init you are on.

For most part AUR on any init isn't different; may have to edit to remove systemd. If there is no init-pkg for application may have to write your own script

Reply #2
for runit, it be applicationname-runit
openrc applicationname-openrc
etc

dose packagename-runti install the entire package, or just thge runit sv stuff?

like pacman -S NetworkManager-runit or pacman -S NetworkManager NetworkManager-sv ?

Also do you have your own Artix AUR wrapper? Or am I good just using yay?

Reply #3
dose packagename-runti install the entire package, or just thge runit sv stuff?
It should install just the init script.

like pacman -S NetworkManager-runit or pacman -S NetworkManager NetworkManager-sv ?
Code: [Select]
pacman -S networkmanager networkmanager-runit

Also do you have your own Artix AUR wrapper? Or am I good just using yay?
You are good with yay or any AUR wrapper.
The only function which might not work is to download PKGBUILDs for Artix packages.

Reply #4
So I installed Artix-runit and been having a blast. I'm just a little confused about package management... the wiki has some information... (https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Repositories) but not a lot of info.

That page is talking about repositories not packages. Pacman doesn't have a builtin way to search on one specific repo (not really a reason to do this honestly), but if you want you could try some clever tricks by piping pacman -Ss to grep.