Skip to main content
Topic: We provide LibreWolf (Fork of Firefox, focused on privacy) (Read 8222 times) previous topic - next topic

We provide LibreWolf (Fork of Firefox, focused on privacy)

Like with ungoogled-chromium and firefox-esr, LibreWolf  = Community-maintained fork of Firefox, focused on privacy, security and freedom is now officially in our universe repo. The build is same as the AUR version.
You need to add the following to your /etc/pacman.conf

Code: [Select]
[universe]
Server = https://universe.artixlinux.org/$arch

and install it with:
pacman -S librewolf

Re: We provide LibreWolf (Community-maintained fork of Firefox, focused on privacy)

Reply #1
I've just installed. Thank you very much.
Artix Linux Colombia

Re: We provide LibreWolf (Community-maintained fork of Firefox, focused on privacy)

Reply #2
DRM Compatibility
Digital rights management (DRM) is enforced off by default (this is needed for Netflix and similar); you can enable it with the following instructions:

Open librewolf.cfg (/usr/lib/librewolf/librewolf.cfg)
  • Comment the active lines with // under the subsection User Settings: DRM/CDM - Widevine ->
    //lockPref("media.gmp-widevinecdm.visible", false);
    //lockPref("media.gmp-widevinecdm.enabled", false);
    //lockPref("media.gmp-widevinecdm.autoupdate", false);

• Restart Firefox then open about:preferences and enable Play DRM... under general section
    Firefox will download Widevine and enable it (under about:addons plugins section) you can force the download by clicking Check for updates under the tools button

plus some useful addons: https://librewolf-community.gitlab.io/docs/addons/

Reply #3
When I enter to "Settings" I received a message "Your browser is being managed by your organization." Is this normal? I've been searching in the web and It could be related for some extensions. All the tutorials to disable the message are for Firefox. But I just want to be sure if this message is normal.
Artix Linux Colombia

Reply #4
When I enter to "Settings" I received a message "Your browser is being managed by your organization." Is this normal? I've been searching in the web and It could be related for some extensions. All the tutorials to disable the message are for Firefox. But I just want to be sure if this message is normal.
yes, because it is firefox/mozilla-fork

Reply #5
Hello,
I wonder i it is possible to install librewolf alongside firefox?

thank you

Reply #6
Hello,
I wonder i it is possible to install librewolf alongside firefox?

thank you
of course, librewolf create own folder, and firefox have own folder too.

Reply #9
Librewolf has been updated to 84.0
On a bended knee, or systemd, you will never live free

Reply #10
I have added the Server info in my
/etc/pacman.conf
. After issuing
sudo pacman -Syu
when I tried to install by
sudo pacman -Sy librewolf
nothing happens. Do I need to obtain and import public key for this repository? If so please advise.

I am able to view the directory listings from the browser and hence the repo is reachable to me.
Andromedan

Reply #11
please read the whole topic, from the beginning = the first post in this topic
Reading makes work easier and saves time 8)  ;D

Reply #12
Thanks mate. It was a typo in my /etc/pacman.conf. I have commented the [universe] header. My bad. Thanks a lot mate. I now have the librewolf.
Andromedan

Reply #13
LibreWolf has been updated to 84.0.2

Reply #14
LibreWolf has been updated to 85.0