Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: virtualbox doesn't start any vm (Read 922 times) previous topic - next topic

virtualbox doesn't start any vm

Which packages need to install to get virtualbox working? I tried different combinations with the available packages but none working. Virtualbox starts, but when I'm trying to start a vm I get error. Last try was to remove everything and just install virtualbox package. The error I get now is:
Code: [Select]
  p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } 
RTR3InitEx failed with rc=-1912 (rc=-1912)

The VirtualBox kernel modules do not match this version of VirtualBox. The installation of VirtualBox was apparently not successful. Executing

[color=#0000ff]'/sbin/vboxconfig'[/color]

may correct this. Make sure that you are not mixing builds of VirtualBox from different sources.

where: supR3HardenedMainInitRuntime what: 4 VERR_VM_DRIVER_VERSION_MISMATCH (-1912) - The installed support driver doesn't match the version of the user.

Re: virtualbox doesn't start any vm

Reply #1
the best normal configuration of virtualbox's packages for normal user is:

Code: [Select]
virtualbox  virtualbox-ext-oracle*  virtualbox-guest-dkms  virtualbox-guest-iso   virtualbox-host-dkms

* from AUR

Reply #2
Hi, I used to get that error when I updated the kernel without rebooting the machine. I know it sounds like Windows but did you reboot?
Artix Linux Colombia

Reply #3
Hi, I used to get that error when I updated the kernel without rebooting the machine. I know it sounds like Windows but did you reboot?

of course you must after update kernel reboot system to load new kernel's modules!!!   :o  ::)  ::)

Reply #5
please mark it as solved