Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Problem with wine game (Read 1136 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Problem with wine game

I use to play assassin's creed odyssey from time to time. It work fine in archlinux, linux mint, feren os, pop os, but for a strange reason in artix I have artifacts which makes the game unplayable especially in sea. Because the last versions of wine cause random crashes in game I use a wine version of lutris to run it and also I have a prefix. I don't use lutris, just the wine. I run it from a script. I also try it to run it with artix wine and also using using the default .wine prefix, but the problem remains. I have an AMD card(RX 570) and I installed all related to amd and vulkan packages. I also have latest DXVK inside game's folder, so I thing this used instead of prefix' s version. I also tried some different mesa versions. Two previous of Mesa 20.1.5 which is the current and also a version 20.0."something". But again the artifacts problem is the same.
So, I don't know what else I can try. Any ideas?

Re: Problem with wine game

Reply #1
seems more as problem with mesa, not with wine. Wine is same as in Archlinux. Same PKGBUILD. For mesa we use same PKGBUILD too. Try mesa-git instead.  Try install wine-staging and/or mesa-git

Reply #2
I also think that isn't wine problem. I will try mesa-git.

Reply #4
I got something similar, with a notebook, a DELL with nvidia, and I solved the problem setting the variable:

export KWIN_COMPOSE=X #usable value are O O1 O2 O2ES X N Q

Maybe you are lucky :-)

Reply #5
Try lowering all the quality options.

You can also try using some winetricks options in a new wineprefix like:
Code: [Select]
winetricks glsl=disabled d3dx11_43 d3dx11_42 d3dx10 d3dx9 d9vk dxvk dotnet48 xna40 xact ddr=opengl vcrun2019 msxml3 msxml4 msxml6 vcrun2013 vcrun2012 vcrun2010 vcrun2008 vcrun2005 vcrun2003 

Reply #6
I got something similar, with a notebook, a DELL with nvidia, and I solved the problem setting the variable:

export KWIN_COMPOSE=X #usable value are O O1 O2 O2ES X N Q

Maybe you are lucky :-)
I don't think that will help, because this is for kwin window manager which I haven't. I have xfce and cinnamon desktop and this happens in both. 

Reply #7

winetricks glsl=disabled d3dx11_43 d3dx11_42 d3dx10 d3dx9 d9vk dxvk dotnet48 xna40 xact ddr=opengl vcrun2019 msxml3 msxml4 msxml6 vcrun2013 vcrun2012 vcrun2010 vcrun2008 vcrun2005 vcrun2003 
I already did it and it didn't help at all on this. I' ll try winetricks options to see...

Reply #8
As I expected no change again. 

Reply #9
Попробуйте портативную улучшенную версию wine-staging + dxvk.
Для лучшей производительности необходим хотя бы linux-zen чтобы использовать fsync. Можно wineesync, но winefsync будет получше.
Fsync patch
linux-zen
pacman -Si linux-zen
Репозиторий          : world
Название             : linux-zen
Версия               : 5.7.11.zen1-1
Описание             : The Linux ZEN kernel and modules
Архитектура          : x86_64
URL                  : https://github.com/zen-kernel/zen-kernel/commits/v5.7.11-zen1
Лицензии             : GPL2
Группы               : Нет
Предоставляет        : VIRTUALBOX-GUEST-MODULES  WIREGUARD-MODULE
Зависит от           : coreutils  kmod  initramfs
Доп. зависимости     : crda: to set the correct wireless channels of your country
                       linux-firmware: firmware images needed for some devices
Конфликтует с        : Нет
Заменяет             : Нет
Размер загрузки      : 75,26 MiB
Установленный размер : 80,36 MiB
Сборщик              : Artix Build Bot <[email protected]>
Дата сборки          : Чт 30 июл 2020 18:02:47
Проверен             : MD5  SHA-256  Подпись

Репозиторий          : extra
Название             : linux-zen
Версия               : 5.8.1.zen1-1
Описание             : The Linux ZEN kernel and modules
Архитектура          : x86_64
URL                  : https://github.com/zen-kernel/zen-kernel/commits/v5.8.1-zen1
Лицензии             : GPL2
Группы               : Нет
Предоставляет        : VIRTUALBOX-GUEST-MODULES  WIREGUARD-MODULE
Зависит от           : coreutils  kmod  initramfs
Доп. зависимости     : crda: to set the correct wireless channels of your country
                       linux-firmware: firmware images needed for some devices
Конфликтует с        : Нет
Заменяет             : Нет
Размер загрузки      : 76,54 MiB
Установленный размер : 81,71 MiB
Сборщик              : Jan Alexander Steffens (heftig) <[email protected]>
Дата сборки          : Чт 13 авг 2020 01:52:16
Проверен             : MD5  SHA-256  Подпись

Reply #10

+ d3dcompiler_47

Reply #11
I found the problem. I have installed a package "amdvlk" which seems that caused the problem. After I tried to @Max' s suggestion which didn't work also, I searched about amd and radeon packages and I found this package. After I removed it the artifacts problem solved in game.