Skip to main content
Topic: how do i un-theme my bootloader? (Read 637 times) previous topic - next topic

how do i un-theme my bootloader?

Recently installed artix cinnamon iso and it's nice. I want my boot menu to be unthemed, like the good old grub menu. basically my windows partition doesnt load or loads after some screen flux, probably  becasue of the aspecrt ratio of the boot box. So how do I untheme my bootloader?
Thanks

Re: how do i un-theme my bootloader?

Reply #1
Greetings,

As far as I can gather, your issue is booting into windows and it has nothing to do with the theme of the GRUB menu.

I assume you would like the GRUB menu to be similar to the one you get when you install Ubuntu/Debian (or their derivatives) which shows windows as an option to boot into.

I am unsure of the exact solution to your problem but I guess pressing one of the Fn keys which help you get into the BIOS boot menu (before the PC starts up) can help you boot into windows without any fuss.

Hope this is helpful. :)
#FreeHongKong

Re: how do i un-theme my bootloader?

Reply #2
Recently installed artix cinnamon iso and it's nice. I want my boot menu to be unthemed, like the good old grub menu. basically my windows partition doesnt load or loads after some screen flux, probably  becasue of the aspecrt ratio of the boot box. So how do I untheme my bootloader?
Thanks
To remove theme from grub you need to edit grub.cfg file and delete or put an "#" in front of the line:

Code: [Select]
GRUB_THEME="/usr/share/grub/themes/artix/theme.txt"
then you need to update grub to apply the change.