Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Changed bluez s6 services. (Read 705 times) previous topic - next topic

Changed bluez s6 services.

Hello everybody. I made changes in bluez-s6. The package works fine but I just added the log part because I had a problem with bluetooth and logging did not use to work.

If you think changes are useless feel free to reject them.

Artix Linux Colombia

Re: Changed bluez s6 services.

Reply #1
I couldn't upload the file. I try it again.
Artix Linux Colombia

Reply #2
The directories in the zip are empty. I can just add the log part myself anyway though. Thanks for the effort.

Reply #3
I was pretty sure the file was not empty, I checked in my computer before uploading, now I am in the mobile phone and I don't have the file. If you want you can add the log part yourself. I don't know if this is the right place to submit patches or suggest code changes. Does the git have anything about it?
Artix Linux Colombia

Reply #4
There's gitea but there's no way for users to create accounts atm. You can always send a patch in the mailing list or something though.

Reply #5
Git was designed as decentralized version control system and you can send patches with emails.
You do not need account on Artix Gitea server to clone the repository, make changes and send us a patch to artix-general mailing list.

Reply #6
Hello again, sorry for my stupidity. I checked the zip file and it was only folders. I attach the zip again here if you still find useful. I am going to subscribe to "artix-general" at the moment. Thank you for everything.
Artix Linux Colombia

Reply #7
Okay I just pushed a new bluez-s6 with a separate logging daemon to world. It turns out that the old version actually redirected STDOUT to /dev/null which is why you never saw anything (runit does this too actually). Anyways I just turned the new version on and off and saw output in /var/log/bluetoothd as expected.

Reply #8
Thanks man, It works perfectly.
Artix Linux Colombia