Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Stuck at waiting for udev uevents to be processed (Read 1839 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Stuck at waiting for udev uevents to be processed

Hello guys, i'v just install Artix on my Macbook, which is MBP 15 inch Mid 2015 (MJLQ2). The installation guide is amazing so i haven't have any problem with it.

But when i'v done installation. Reboot. It's stucking forever at "Waiting for udev uevents to be processed [busy].

I'v do some searching. It's may relate to my hardware. But as it stuck i don't have any idea what hardware cause this problem (sorry im kind of new to linux).

Is there any way i can fix it. I'v tried install Arch and it work perfectly. But with Artix, may be im missed something.

Thank you very much.  :-*

Re: Stuck at waiting for udev uevents to be processed

Reply #1
I think you might be able to send a kill signal (ctrl+c) on that part. Did you try it? Presumably this is some hardware issue. Getting into the machine and checking dmesg output may be helpful.

Reply #2
Put this to your kernel parameters
Code: [Select]
nomodeset 

Reply #4
Don't forget to press solved

Re: [SOLVED] Stuck at waiting for udev uevents to be processed

Reply #5

Hey Kyoz, I am new to Linux and have the same issue. I have runit init system on board.  Could you elaborate on this a bit more. Where I could find the Kernal parameter and put nomodeset there?

Thanks a lot

Re: [SOLVED] Stuck at waiting for udev uevents to be processed

Reply #6
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernel_parameters#GRUB
You can use update-grub instead of grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg if you want.
nomodeset will turn off graphics acceleration so might get you to boot to the desktop and provide a working solution, but it's not ideal for long term use. I don't know if that's how Kyoz did it, but I guess it must have been something along those lines.