Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: No Login Screen After Artix KDE Openrc Update!  (Read 1410 times) previous topic - next topic

No Login Screen After Artix KDE Openrc Update!

Hello... I A Bit Of A Newbie In Arch And Linux In General. I Find Using Artix Really Good, I Did A Full System Upgrade with 'sudo pacman - Syyu' after the update and a restart my login screen is gone. I've checked the display manager txt and sddm is there I don't know if I've been doing something wrong. It happened the first time I updated and I reformatted the who thing and installed it again. I want to find a solution to this please, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Re: No Login Screen After Artix KDE Openrc Update!

Reply #1
Make sure xdm init is enabled

Reply #2
I A Bit Of A Newbie In Arch And Linux In General

I am not quite sure, that archlinux/artix is a distro for Linux newbies. But.... If you want learn a lot about Linux, here are you right.

Your best friend should be archlinux and artix Wiki.

just for the introduction as saying "welcome" :D

what say openrc for starting xdm ?
Code: [Select]
 rc-service xdm status

give us some log:
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Reply #3
A few days ago this happened to me as well, i logged in with the terminal and rebootet. Everything works as expected since the second reboot.

Reply #4
I've had similar tonight after updating and rebooting.  I do get a login screen, it takes my password, then hangs.  Rebooted numerous times, always the same.

In tty for rc-service xdm status I get:

In the log I get this line:
"Failed to open authorization file "/var/run/sddm/{blah]": No such file or directory.

However, it does exist.  So some kind of permissions issue perhaps.

At no point before this had I attempted to change DMs, it was a pretty clean install.  I'm not sure how to go about trying a different DM with openrc to see if I can get around it that way.

Reply #5
so put here some log
cat /var/log/sddm.log 

Reply #6
Can be same problem as two another topic here...
Not updated qt5-styleplugins, try pacman - Syu, maybe will help.

Reply #7
I updated again this morning, and as you said, there was an update for qt5-styleplugins.  So now I can log back in!  Thank you.