Skip to main content
Topic: Artix Runit i3: System boots to a blank screen  (Read 1183 times) previous topic - next topic

Artix Runit i3: System boots to a blank screen

Hi, I've installed Artix runit i3 from the iso and updated it also. I've done the installation once in the past month also. But both times, I have this issue where the system boots into a blank screen with a non-blinking cursor (underscore) in the top left corner. I have to restart the system 2-3 times to get it to boot into the login screen. Another issue I'm facing in this installation is that the  linux-lts kernel (which I have installed) is not showing up in the grub menu at boot. In the earlier installation, it did so. Thanks and help appreciated.

Re: Artix Runit i3: System boots to a blank screen

Reply #1
Haven't try the i3 version. Which DM is used? I used to have similar problems with LightDM.Switched to SDDM and everything works fine now.

Reply #2
Its lightDM.  how do I change it to sddm? I'm sorry but the wiki has guidance for openrc only. What do I need to do for runit?

Reply #3
Its lightDM.  how do I change it to sddm? I'm sorry but the wiki has guidance for openrc only. What do I need to do for runit?
but this have nothing to do with openrc/runit/s6, i guess.

just edit
Code: [Select]
/etc/conf.d/xdm
as usually

Reply #4
The xdm file is blank. I tried putting DISPLAYMANAGER = "sddm" in it and rebooted but doesn't seem to work. Also, now LDM seems to be behaving normally.

Reply #5
The xdm file is blank. I tried putting DISPLAYMANAGER = "sddm" in it and rebooted but doesn't seem to work. Also, now LDM seems to be behaving normally.
ok, so runit have his own solution how define DM... good to know. thanks

Reply #7
Thanks..will try