Skip to main content
Topic: outdated perl breaks openbox pipe menu (Read 1379 times) previous topic - next topic

outdated perl breaks openbox pipe menu

Since September 2 upgrades the openbox pipe menu does not work anymore.
Mr. Green from Archbang discovered, that this error occurs, because perl and perl-xml-parser have not been updated in Artix yet.
http://bbs.archbang.org/viewtopic.php?id=5891

Re: outdated perl breaks openbox pipe menu

Reply #1
Well perl in system is behind by three minor revisions. Though, assuming you are using arch’s extra, you should have perl-xml-parser up to date.

Maybe check your /etc/pacman.conf for an extra repository and thet if the extra repository points to a arch link or a not recommended manjaro unstable.

Else message artoo and/or other developers.

system/perl 5.26.0-1 (base) [installed]
    A highly capable, feature-rich programming language
extra/perl-xml-parser 2.44-6 [installed]
    Expat-based XML parser module for perl
---
core/perl                         5.26.0-1                  5.26.0-4                     -0.07 MiB      13.68 MiB

Reply #2
@ ᒤᕞᕹᓸ
Thank you. Perl  5.26.0-1 does cause the problem.
I have downloaded Perl  5.26.0-4 from core and installed it.
Now the pipe menu works fine again.

Maybe this shows a general Artix problem: Not enough manpower to catch up with Arch changes.

Reply #3
@Xaver

You are welcome. Quite happy you found a fix.

I agree that our manpower is small now, but arch/manjaro/antegros diverse init user/devs are consolidating resources. We have growing pains, and that will pass. (Love the https here!) We have done so much already. Website, forum, repositories, isos, mirrors other than sourceforge, and more in such a short time. (Better than year plus wait for ~stable devuan isos)

Love you artoo and other devs I know not by name. Keep on doing a great job on ironing out Artix!