Skip to main content
Topic: Stardust - free online game written in Nim (Read 1046 times) previous topic - next topic

Stardust - free online game written in Nim

Stardust is a fun free game, written entirely in Nim. Apparently the author wants to publicize it. No need to download anything, just play in a browser window.
Your star follows your mouse pointer about the screen if you keep it a bit in front.

https://stardust.dev/

Re: Stardust - free online game written in Nim

Reply #1
Was your account hijacked?
You can write us an email and we will reset your password.

Reply #2
This being in the correct forum section, I think it's original. Besides, who 'd want to hack an Artix forum account anyways?

Reply #3
Even if it is in proper section I expected more from this person, I don`t know why.

Reply #4
very interesting topic, one talking about the game, another about an account ... wow 8)  :D  :D

Reply #5
It's just something I read about here:
https://forum.nim-lang.org/t/6971
It's written by one of the core developers of the Nim language, I guess for fun and as a demo of what you can do with Nim.
Perhaps you'd be happier if I found a broken game that didn't work so you can fix it -  :D

Reply #6
Researching more, on reddit the author says:
"... it is very much a commercial project which I plan to release on the App Store/Google Play. "
So it looks like that's just a free preview for now. But I didn't know that before. And it looks like the author edited out the bit where he said he wanted to promote the game, probably due to such considerations. Not sure it's different to linking to YouTube vids with ads on though. Who's getting the revenue from that ...  ;D

Reply #7
More than the game, what it really called my attention was the programming language. It sounds interesting.
Artix Linux Colombia

Reply #8
Yes, it's a simple script like language a bit like Python, it compiles to C (or C++ or Javascript) so it can integrate with other code, then compiles to a binary so it's as fast as C, and it's multi-platform so your code would run on Windows, Mac and BSD too, providing you weren't doing something OS specific, which is also possible. There's lots of built in string and data processing helpers you don't find in C. The main disadvantage is because it's new and still developing fast, sometimes code has to be updated for new Nim versions, but that's mostly an issue for larger projects using arcane or experimental features.