Skip to main content
Topic: Artix "philosophy" in terms of the system (Read 5264 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Artix "philosophy" in terms of the system

Reply #30
Philosophy as the urge to learn, the drive to acquire as much knowledge as possible, does define the things we do, or we wouldn't do them.  You can hardly want something that you don't know that it can exist.  Even those that seek a relationship with god is because they have believed she exists.  The difference among philosophies (if it could possibly have a plural) is the methodology used to acquire knowledge.  There is the scientific methodology and then there is everything else.

Now GWB would use the excuse for the most enormous stupidity he advocated that god told him so.  So if god tells you something it must be true and it exists.  End of conversation.

If I tell you that vinegar is an acidic solution and you don't believe me, there is a way to continue the conversation so we can figure out who is right and who is not.

Reply #31
I have no idea to tell you the truth
Maybe?
But then are we not into a English language discourse?
Am I being informative or pontificating. ? Does it reallly matter?
But if it really really offends will re-write ( honest gov ) lol.

It is fine but what I have learned as I've grown older is to take myself less and less seriously as I grow older.

Reply #32
Now GWB would use the excuse for the most enormous stupidity he advocated that god told him so.  So if god tells you something it must be true and it exists.  End of conversation.

I was not the first time a US President called upon his god to wage war and annihilate people.
I leave it at that.

Please, leave politics and religion out of this thread and this forum. Thank you.

Reply #33

Ve shall not talk about zee war in front of zee Germans.

Philosophically, such statement is not appreciated, it tell more about you than about anything else.
Please refrain from that. Danke.

Reply #34
Never Again
No Pasaran,
etc.

Reply #35
Motion to dismiss philosophy ........ overruled

Ok, ok, you are right.
Ve shall not talk about zee war in front of zee Germans.

The chief developer of Artix is German, but that shouldn't be the reason why you shouldn't have made this unfortunate comment.

For those who haven't understood yet:

Artix began as a systemd-free Arch, is aimed towards intermediate to advanced users and never promised nobody anything. Take it or leave it.

End-of-thread.