Skip to main content
Topic: Keyboard Not Working After Unlocking PC (Read 861 times) previous topic - next topic

Keyboard Not Working After Unlocking PC

Hi.. I just installed Artix(OpenRC Init) on my old Samsung Notebook and there are a couple of issues I am not able to solve. They are:

• When I lock the computer and then unlock it back then the keyboard doesn't work in Chrome. I have to re launch Chrome to get it to work.
  • On the lock screen, the password field is not editable. I have to click on "Switch user" and then it takes me to new screen where I  enter the password in order to unlock.

Is there any fix  for these?

Thank you in advance. I am a beginner in Linux world.

Re: Keyboard Not Working After Unlocking PC

Reply #2
Hi.. I just installed Artix(OpenRC Init) on my old Samsung Notebook and there are a couple of issues I am not able to solve. They are:

• When I lock the computer and then unlock it back then the keyboard doesn't work in Chrome. I have to re launch Chrome to get it to work.
  • On the lock screen, the password field is not editable. I have to click on "Switch user" and then it takes me to new screen where I  enter the password in order to unlock.

Is there any fix  for these?

Thank you in advance. I am a beginner in Linux world.
I have a similar issue. After suspend keyboard works to login, but not on the desktop. I have to use the mouse to change workspace, then the keyboard works. I've gotten used to it and keep hoping an update fixes it  ;)
Since I'm on an old Dell SFF it doesn't seem to be machine specific.