Skip to main content
Topic: Why is Artix using eudev? (Read 733 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Why is Artix using eudev?

Reply #30
Why was this marked as solved...

Reply #31
Because is solved 🤔 We need no more discuss about this. Eudev is still need and IF will exist another option, which will really works, we will use it, if that will be necessary.
Actually we have Eudev and xudev. Users can use every another alternatives what they want,  but we they should not ask here if some not works. We provide no support for alternatives now... Because we need keep stable system 😉

You can play with alternatives so much how you like... But what we use in upstream is business of us and our developers.

Reply #32
Why was this marked as solved...
If you are really interested to develop udev-free Artix, you can create custom repo with rebuilt packages or at least maintain corresponding packages in AUR
Btw, there was a topic with logind alternative recently, i think, these ideas can be merged in a single repo
ARMtix

Reply #33
If you are really interested to develop udev-free Artix, you can create custom repo with rebuilt packages or at least maintain corresponding packages in AUR
Btw, there was a topic with logind alternative recently, i think, these ideas can be merged in a single repo
That would be a good idea to put all of these alternatives in a single place so maybe one day we can group them together and get something working  8)

EDIT: Can you link to the logind alternative?

Reply #34
That would be a good idea to put all of these alternatives in a single place so maybe one day we can group them together and get something working  8)
There is already a bunch of noudev (marked by this name) packages in AUR, you can maintain them. I didn't update some of them for a while since currently i can't test if they work

EDIT: Can you link to the logind alternative?
https://forum.artixlinux.org/index.php/topic,2269.msg15144.html#msg15144
ARMtix

Reply #35
Thanks for the link, but it seems that seatd also uses elogind as a possible backend, which leads us to the same conclusion.

Guess there's no alternative other for now?