Skip to main content
Topic: Houston, we've got a Wiki (Read 4128 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Houston, we've got a Wiki

Reply #2
Can anybody add to the wiki? I think it needs to show how to add different kernels to grub

Reply #3
That's not really Artix specific, one could use the Arch wiki for that, verbatim.

Reply #4
I realize that but if it's in the Artix wiki you don't have to go the Arch wiki. Granted if you are you using Artix you should have some understanding of setting up grub but everybody is not going to know how to do that. Having it there will cut down ( in theory) on folks asking on the forum how to do it. That's just my 2cents.

Reply #5
I realize that but if it's in the Artix wiki you don't have to go the Arch wiki. Granted if you are you using Artix you should have some understanding of setting up grub but everybody is not going to know how to do that. Having it there will cut down ( in theory) on folks asking on the forum how to do it. That's just my 2cents.
You can only install the current kernel, + the LTS kernel the arch way and to be honest in nearly 14 years I have never had a problem with that, + why bloat your system with kernels never to be used

Reply #6
You can only install the current kernel, + the LTS kernel the arch way and to be honest in nearly 14 years I have never had a problem with that, + why bloat your system with kernels never to be used

there have been hardware and security reasons to do this from time to time., and I have done it for kernel development.

Reply #7
I just wanted to install ck kernel because I like to have two kernels installed on my system. I like to have a fallback in case the main kernel is not booting.

Reply #8
Hi @nous The two Installation blogs of mine in the Howto could be added to the Wiki if you want? I will do it if you grant me sign in access  to the Wiki.

Reply #10
I managed easily to register for the forum, but how to register for the wiki (as normal user, not as an admin/ moderator)?

Reply #12
The userauth module of the wiki is currently broken (thanks to php-7.2) and I don't have time to fix it, ATM. You can edit without being logged in, just enter your nickname to the respective field for receiving credit.

Reply #13
@nous Hi, I had a copy of my modified to suit Artix, allservers script & a how-to for those that need it, over in the now gone, ArchBang / Tutorials section. I could put it in the Artix wiki if it is suitable? I've written plenty of wiki pages for Manjaro, but I'm not really going to be prolific in Artix, as my OpenRC knowledge is basic - as in I know only what I need to, when I need to.

Anyway, let me know what you think?

Reply #14
Seems to be no enthusiasm for me & the Artix wiki, so I guess I'll just happily continue using allservers2 on my lonesome - which is the easiest solution for me anyway. :)